Don't try this at home! Let some idiot on YouTube do it
Videos show dangerous backyard experiments
I don't think kids doing dumb things is anything new. When I was in the boy scouts, sitting around a campfire one night, a fellow scout suggested that we could shoot the cap off of a bottle by putting it in the fire. So we took an empty glass soda bottle, filled it halfway with water, screwed in the cap and put it in the fire. We were mindful that the cap faced the woods so no one would get hit in the eye.
Well sure enough, a few minutes later the pressure filled up inside the bottle and BOOM! - the whole bottle exploded in a shower of glass. Luckily for us there was metal ring around the campfire that adsorbed the impact and no one got hurt otherwise we'd all be in the emergency room with glass shrapnel in our bodies or might even have been blinded by flying glass.
There is something to be said about learning the hard way and failing multiple times as we learn but for really dangerous backyard experiments it probably better to let someone else try it. YouTube is perfect for this because kids today love to share their death defying moments with the world. These clips show some backyard science experiments that went horribly wrong.
Backyard Science Gone Wrong
Idiot Bomber Bombs Himself
Water bomb destroys camera
Ha ha - lucky noone got hurt!
Homemade fireworks for Halloween?
More by this Author
Model railroads look best with lots of great looking trees. Try the sage tree method.
A classic "Dirty Dancing" style resort in CT becomes a creepy modern day ghost town as the State ponders it future.
Get rid of pest chipmunks with this do it yourself chipmunk trap. Save money and save your home and garden.