jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Another pirate site found-- this is a "history" site.

1. UnnamedHarald profile image93
    UnnamedHaraldposted 5 years ago

I found one of my hubs copied word for word at: www warhistoryonline com (I removed the dots so no link is formed). I created my hub "World War 2 History: U-864 vs HMS Venturer-- The Only Time a Sub Sank a Sub While Both Were Submerged" on July 8 and it was copied today (July 10).

So now I've got to figure out where to send the DMCA stuff, etc, etc. If you have history hubs, you might want to check to see if any of yours are there.

1. AlexK2009 profile image89
      AlexK2009posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Did you tell Hub Pages? I recall reading they will do something about pirated articles.

1. UnnamedHarald profile image93
        UnnamedHaraldposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm pretty sure we're on our own here, though there are some hubs related to DMCA.

2. Alastar Packer profile image81
    Alastar Packerposted 5 years ago

Good work Harald. They're going to be dealing with a no prisoners taken bunch of writers in the history legions--Charge--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------sad

3. Alastar Packer profile image81
    Alastar Packerposted 5 years ago

Seems to mostly cover WW2.

4. UnnamedHarald profile image93
    UnnamedHaraldposted 5 years ago

Update... a whole page of copied text (not just a summary) of my article, along with an image from my article is published on their site, as if authored by "Jack". At the end of the page of text are ellipses and a link called "Source and read more". If you click on that link, you arrive at my full article on HubPages. So, in fact, they haven't copied my whole article and do provide a link to mine. That's one hell of a teaser, though-- over half the frickin' article.

Also, I couldn't find any email addresses and their home contact page didn't have a working text box. I've decided to keep my eye on the situation for now, seeing as they do link to my article in the end. Sooner or later I'll figure out how to contact them and tell them to cut back on the summary.

1. Alastar Packer profile image81
      Alastar Packerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Had this happen once on Above Top Secret with the whole story taken sans photos but they did have a link back to the article. Figured it wouldn't hurt views any and might even help so left it alone..

working