Favorite Trees

1. Trees for me profile image61
    Trees for meposted 4 years ago

I don't know about you, but in the various places I've lived, occasionally I would stumble across a tree I couldn't help but look at every time I was near by.  Some times it was because it was huge, beautiful, or because they were just odd. Other times, the tree just looked like a great place to take a nap on a lazy day.  So, do you have a favorite tree? What makes it special to you?

This is one of my favorites- a  50-60 foot tall pine tree on the side of the road.  Apparently it was struck by lightening at some point and just has the most bizarre structure.  During the hot, humid afternoons in Florida, I used to like to run outside and look at the storms approaching from the west.  This tree just added so much to the stormy dark scene.  Loved it.

1. JKenny profile image94
      JKennyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My favourite has to be the grand old English oak. I love standing under the canopy, looking up into the boughs and wondering what on earth lives up there? I also like to ponder how old they are, and what changes they have seen in their lifetime.