jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Do you think Black holes larger than 50 billion suns could exist

1. 60
    naslund26posted 7 years ago

Im wondering that maybe its possible for that of a super super super massive black hole that merged with other super super super massive black holes would become so large that eventually merging with even more massive black holes would feast eventualy on the entire universe, causing that  massive black hole to burn, shrink become so dence where it explodes leading to the creation of  the next big bang.

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have had my thoughts similar to this.  http://hubpages.com/hub/Our-Universe--A-Black-Hole

2. aka-dj profile image80
      aka-djposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Check out Stephen Hawkings "Theory of Everything". You might have to research it on Google or somewhere. I have seen a fascinatin TV documentary on this a couple of weeks ago. cool

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 7 years ago

Sounds like science fiction to me. I don't believe there is any such thing as black holes. Seeing is believing.

3. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 7 years ago

Knolyourself - by definition, you can never see a black hole as light can't escape from it. But there is plenty of evidence for their existence in gravitational field effects. And in fact, even basic Classical physics explains their formation. They're not all that strange.

4. packerpack profile image61
    packerpackposted 7 years ago

Biggest category of black holes are called supermassive black hole and The largest known supermassive black hole is located in OJ 287 weighing in at 18 billion solar masses (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole). Till now this is what we humans have been able to find hence it is quite possible that one we might know about a black hole of the size of 50billion Suns.

5. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

I Believe they do for a number of General Motors Executives.

1. packerpack profile image61
      packerpackposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I did not understand this!!!!

6. Pete Maida profile image59
    Pete Maidaposted 7 years ago

I think PearlDiver means the the execs suck in money like a black hole.

I don't know if there is a physical limit to the size of a black hole.  I thought the size was related to how massive the original star was but I may be wrong.

As far as them sucking up the universe goes, there is far too much dark energy pushing the galaxies away from each other to have anything physical suck them up.