jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

"I hate to waste..."

1. acleanerplanet profile image61
    acleanerplanetposted 7 years ago

I just posted a hub titled "I hate to waste..." and I thought this would be a great opportunity to share practices on how we find waste to be less wasteful. Sharing information in a community is what makes our lives better...and where better to start than, literally, in your own back yard.

I would love to hear what it is you hate to waste and what you do to solve the problem. I posted a few examples in my hub if you would like to take a look, but this seems like a fun opportunity to address learn more about a real problem we face with the greatest natural resource...our planet.

Please post your thread or visit my hub and post your comment there...or you can do both smile

Thanks everyone!

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I just read your post...do you have any photos to share?
      these sound like interesting points

2. acleanerplanet profile image61
    acleanerplanetposted 7 years ago

Not at the moment I don't, but I would really love to see this forum take off.

3. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 7 years ago

I actually hate to waste anything. smile I live out in the country and rely on a fireplace for heat, so I sort my garbage pretty extensively. Whatever I can't recycle, compost, feed to the animals or burn gets thrown away (Meaning mostly unrecycleable plastics, bags, etc.)

I wish I had a vat of microbes that would eat plastic and turn it into gasoline, haha! That would solve my waste altogether, and would give a pleasant side effect as well!

4. LondonGirl profile image93
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

We try not to waste too much stuff. Clothes that are still OK but we don't wear get passed on (children's) or charity shopped. We rarely throw much food away, and our local recyling facilities are great, paper, cardboard, most plastics, most metals, glass, natural fibres.

5. britneydavidson profile image60
    britneydavidsonposted 7 years ago

you are absulatly right.well from my point of view except food and other stuff that we use in our normal life and that garbage also effects the environment,i really appriciate your work and also charity people as well.

6. aka-dj profile image80
    aka-djposted 7 years ago

It's not so much about waste, but more about quality. I find that most cheap products break down sooner, and cannot be fixed, so they get thrown out. In effect, being wasted. At least in the past, things were made to last, and had enough value and quality to be repaired, or recicled in some way. It's a throw-away society, (well in the west, anyway).