jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

This is the 21st century-the postmodern era.   We live in an increasingly globalized society.    We also have scientific, medical, and educational advantages that were unavailable a few decades ago.   We live longer.    With all the advancements in science and technology, it is assumed(remember the statement-never assume etc.)  that our thoughts and beliefs would be similarly advanced.    However....yes, there is always a however,  some of us have ideas which are more appropriate to earlier centuries.    There are people who choose to live and act as if they are in an earlier era and they wonder why they have difficulties and are falling behind!    The illogical inanity of it all!    What is your premise regarding this?

1. HattieMattieMae profile image71
      HattieMattieMaeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Inanity of this...well the new era has arrived and some are just in denial sleeping while everything is changing. They are resisting, fighting the new reality they must face day by day! smile

2. fpherj48 profile image79
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

gm....I hear what you are saying and would not disagree.  However, I must add that I am probably guilty of living, to a certain extent, in a previous era.  The good news though, is that I really don't encounter many difficulties due to this type of lax attitude of mine.......and I don't feel that I'm "falling behind" much more than I ever have.......since I'm a fairly laid back sort of gal, who doesn't panic much or play "Beat the clock."  LOL.  I roll with "Que Sera, sera."  Drives my family & friends nuts!
    Confession:  I could stand some lessons in computer technology, I suppose......but my grandchildren can always come to Gram Dawg's rescue.   I'm happily retired from the mad-crazy rat race...and now work from home with my hubby, in our Realty Management business.....
    Basically, gm, I've always lived in"my own little world"......I guess I've been lucky not to have suffered too many ramifications from this!    Have a blessed day!

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

You too, fpherj48!