jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

YOU Have The Right To MINE Opinion

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

There are people in life who act as if they are the only intelligent and knowledgeable people around.    They give lip service to the concept that everyone has a right to his/her opinion.   However, in actuality, they believe that their opinion, knowledge, and expertise are the only legitimate ones.    In essence, they are the ELECTED on earth.  They are above us common peons who "know nothing"  and "should benefit from their 'immense' expertise" regarding the matter at hand.   What is your opinion of people who believe that their opinion is the only correct one?

1. fpherj48 profile image80
      fpherj48posted 3 years ago in reply to this

My opinion of people like that?   It obviously wouldn't matter to them, now would it?

2. 0
      Kathryn LJposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I had no idea you knew my husband big_smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Actually, there is a name for such people. For real. No joke. smile

gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, ideologue is a nice way to describe them.   However, there is a sharper, less nice way to describe them, supercilious hemorrhoids.  The more earthy among us would call such people SAMFs or HUTAs(you can use deductive logic here).

3. SimeyC profile image86
    SimeyCposted 3 years ago

"There are people in life who act as if they are the only intelligent and knowledgeable people around. "

wrong...I know that  the only intelligent and knowledgeable person around.  big_smile

gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

SimeyC,  you made me laugh.    That is so cute!

4. HattieMattieMae profile image70
    HattieMattieMaeposted 3 years ago

Well they're really still ignorant, because I find there is to much to learn to know everything or ever truly be an expert, and usually at some point in time you will be trumped by someone else that knows more than you. So of course thinking you're it and the only, is just a stumbling block. There are to many great teachers out there from all kinds of backgrounds, ages, and around the world. We all have something to add. I think people should have their own opinions and beliefs. If you don't it's hard find your purpose and passion in life and tend to be a wanderer following around everyone else's opinions and belief's. Which can end up causing you to make bad choices. Nothing wrong with having a good opinion or belief. Only you have to remember too what you believed today will be something different tomorrow. Such as from the time you were born until now, your beliefs have changed. Every belief is false because you find out differently at some other point in time. lol I don't think anyone has the right or wrong answers all the time. You can be one minute right and the next wrong. Those kind of people end up burning my rubber on my tires as I exit because when you think you know it all...you end up crashing hard one day when you find out how wrong your were.

5. samnashy profile image83
    samnashyposted 3 years ago

Oh to have such belief in oneself and beliefs.  Not necessarily always a bad thing.  If I didn't agree with their opinion I would probably be very irritated. I have met more than a few of these individuals in my profession, some of whom are genius, some of whom have 'different' social skills and some of whom are just self opinionated and make no apologies.  It's how we react to other peoples' behavior that affects us. That's my opinion.

6. eternals3ptember profile image60
    eternals3ptemberposted 3 years ago

So all of us on HubPages forum?

1. 0
      Sarra Garrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

ha ha ha there have been some rather heated opinions on here.  Opinionated people don't have opinions they live by their own rules and have to have the last word.

Last Word smile