jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Have you ever asked yourself the question...Should I Go To College?

1. safiq ali patel profile image71
    safiq ali patelposted 3 years ago

Have you ever asked yourself "Should I Go To College"....

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I did and I went.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

No, because I went.

3. ct92 profile image82
    ct92posted 3 years ago

Yes definitely. I love studying, but definitely love self-studying the most because I hate 9-5 days, so I definitely thought a lot about what I actually wanted with my life and why.
    In the end I decided that I might need a university degree for what I want to do in life, and I would rather spend the years taking the degree and learning a lot, than not doing it.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 3 years ago

I did... And then I did.

I repeated the same question with the same result for graduate school.

5. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

No, both I and my parents always assumed I would, and I did, three times.

1. safiq ali patel profile image71
      safiq ali patelposted 3 years ago in reply to this

please carry the thread on. i went and i'm glad i did. Going to college doesn't fix everything but it enriches the soul.

6. The0NatureBoy profile image78
    The0NatureBoyposted 3 years ago

When I was in seventh grade my math class taught positive and negative numbers of equal value equals zero causing me to say "then Zero is the whole number."  The teacher said "no, zero is not a number but a placement digit" therefore I didn't ask myself if I should I go to college but told myself "I'm not going to college" and am glad I didn't.  Had I gone to college I would have had just that much more of being schooled to blindly follow leaders to over come before I could become the philosophy I have become.

7. AbFreak101 profile image61
    AbFreak101posted 3 years ago

College is awsome much better then a McDonalds Job

1. The0NatureBoy profile image78
      The0NatureBoyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

After age 31 I stopped working altogether to learn how to live without depending on the things man have made, the reason for my Hub name, The0NatureBoy.

8. Theophanes profile image95
    Theophanesposted 3 years ago

I was unable to go to college because of life circumstances but looking back I am glad I didn't go. All of my peers who got English and philosophy degrees moved to other countries to get a job! The ones who didn't do that stayed behind and are stuck paying off crazy student loans to the point they're still living with their parents even though they should have flown the coop a decade or so ago. Unless you know exactly what you are going for and that it will ensure a job when you get out I do not suggest it. Trade schools provide experience which is often more valued than paper these days. You can go back to school to get papers if you need them, experience will keep you employed until then. It is something to think about.