jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

If I Could Travel Time, I'd ________

1. Levellandmike profile image83
    Levellandmikeposted 3 years ago

Ok, so we have one thread titled "Let's Write A Story Together," and another that I always had fun with on firelink : three-word story.
    Let's try this one: If you could travel time to change history, where would you go? April, 1912 to warn the Captain of the Titanic about the iceberg that would sink the "unsinkable" ship? April, 1865 to stop John Wilkes Booth? November, 1963 to prevent the Kennedy assassination? December 1941 to stop the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor?
    What would you do? How would the world have changed? Be careful you don't kill your grandfather and marry your grandmother...

1. lilmissmontana profile image92
      lilmissmontanaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I would go back to World War II and stop Hitler from being in power. Stop the Holocaust.

2. Aaron Seitler profile image79
      Aaron Seitlerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'd flag down Doctor Who and exclaim "Guess what mate? We're twins!"

2. mts1098 profile image82
    mts1098posted 3 years ago

I would go back to the days when the Mayans existed and I tell the guy who did the calendar to go well beyond 2012...perhaps 9999

1. Zelkiiro profile image84
      Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago in reply to this

He would give you a confused look while you talk in your strange moon language.

3. kashmir-ladakh profile image60
    kashmir-ladakhposted 3 years ago

I would inform the captain of Titanic about the iceberg & stop it from sinking.

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I'd go back to Adam and warn him about Eve.

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

hahaha... That's funny, but Im pretty sure no earthly power would have kept him away. She was the *only woman on earth.

2. Levellandmike profile image83
      Levellandmikeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

...Just think of the arguments that would have saved us!

5. DIYmommy profile image76
    DIYmommyposted 3 years ago

I would tell ABC executives not to cancel Zero Hour, after 2 or 3 episodes, a few weeks ago.

I was really getting into that show....

(I know, I know...there are many more critical things that could have been done (stopping Hitler, Causing the Titanic not to sink, etc), but Zero Hour was the first thing that came to mind wink smile

6. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I'm a geek so I would use my trip through time to see certain bands/concerts I missed out on, including:

The Beatles during their pre-fame club days (While there, I would hit Pete Best up for an autograph and suggest that he get a new gig lined up soon)

Jimi Hendrix @ Woodstock (hell, all of Woodstock, really)

The Ramones' debut gig at CBGB (1974)

AC/DC with Bon Scott on vocals

Original KISS lineup during the LOVE GUN era (their high point, circa 1977)

The 1983 US Festival

Metallica during their club days with Dave Mustaine on guitar and Cliff Burton on bass