jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

December 7th

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Yesterday was the 72nd year of Pearl Harbor when our precious sailors were brutally attacked.  How did YOU commemorate Pearl Harbor?

1. mactavers profile image87
      mactaversposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for remembering.  I hope you get to visit the Arizona State Capitol museum of articles on the Arizona.  Also on our state capitol mall you can see the anchor.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
        gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We all must remember that day, so many precious young lives were lost.

2. Credence2 profile image85
      Credence2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

On December 7, 1991, I was in Hawaii on a three week vacation. One of the reasons I went was to take note of the anniversary.  The highlight of the trip was a visit to the Arizona Memorial, this coincided with a visit by President George H.W. Bush to Oahu to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the attack. On that day in Honolulu, I met with survivors, following them to the bars, listening to each of the guys proudly say where they were personally when the bombs fell. They kept me in drinks and revelry the whole time I was with them. I took a few photos with the Kodak. Many have passed away since, but at the time it was a memorable experience.

This December 7, 1941 was the wakeup call for my father's generation like November 22, 1963 was for mine. We were approximately the same age when these relative events took place