Being a African American stepdad to a Hispanic kid

1. maxiarmy profile image60
    maxiarmyposted 2 years ago via iphone

I have been in Anthony's life ever since he was born. Color means nothing to me, so when I look at him, I see myself. He calls me dad and I call him ENTITY (Anthony) because that's how he says his name. He is so cute and adorable, and he is so attached to me. Every night when we go to bed, he sleeps under my armpit and curl up, just like the way he was in his mothers womb. Sometimes I go to bed late, and as soon as I lay down, it seems like he can feel my presence, so he turns around, lifts my hand up, curl up and then goes back to sleep. Sometimes, when we go shopping, people will ask me, Is this your son? My answer is always yes. People ask because our skin colors are very different, so I do understand why they ask, it does get irritating sometimes but I can't stop people from asking. I will do anything for Anthony, he is the main reason why I want me and his mom to work. I am even expecting a daughter, which means Anthony is going to have a baby sister (smile). I am currently in the army national guard, a student in college, and I also have a part time job, but I always find time for Anthony because a day without him will be a sad day for me. Just because a child is not yours, does not mean that you shouldn't love him/her. Children are the most beautiful creatures that God created. I love my son, do you love yours?

1. 0
      Rad Manposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I sure hope things work out for you.

2. maxiarmy profile image60
    maxiarmyposted 2 years ago

Thank you sir, so far everything is good.