jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

How would YOU define a person who is highly intelligent? According to

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

IQ, a person with an intelligence quotient of 130-140 is considered to be highly intelligent while a person with an IQ of 140 and above is considered to be gifted.   There are many variables regarding what is deemed to be high intelligence.  For some, people who have attained a high level of education and/or have immeasurable academic success are considered to be highly intelligent.   For others, a high level of socioeconomic success is a measure of high intelligence.   For a few, it is successful knowing how to navigate life in both its positive and negatives.  What is deemed to be highly intelligent to you?

1. Melissa A Smith profile image94
      Melissa A Smithposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Someone who not only absorbs a lot of information, but also puts it to good use.

2. 0
    Dave36posted 2 years ago

My definition of a highly intelligent person, would be one that is doing what they love doing for a living.
    Once their successful in whatever it is their doing, and they would be successful as they love doing what they do.
    They would use their free time to have fun, but also to help others.
    They wouldn't be greedy selfish or big headed, they would be generous humble & caring.
    Take Bill Gates & Oprah for example both self made billionaires, so on paper you would probably say their highly intelligent.
    Well i'd say their the dumbest people on Earth, they both have a mountain of money in the bank. (literally a mountain!lol).
    But their either too greedy or dumb, to just give it to the people that need it.
    I mean imagine how good it would feel to be helping millions of kids etc, rather than having a "mountain" of money.
    So i think IQ has nothing to do with "real" intelligence, i think a better way to measure "real" intelligence, is how we live our lives.
    I mean there's plenty of FAT scientists about these days, so if their really that clever you'd think they'd exercise a bit more!lol

3. michelerampa profile image79
    michelerampaposted 2 years ago

How to define a person who is highly intelligent? I suppose we should know before anything, his (her) cultural background, his education, his age and his interests. I think there are other variables to consider. Anyway, after this bunch of data, we could begin to explore his mind and say if he could be defined intelligent in his social group.
    I have the same perspective of Gardner: he stated that there are multiple intelligences (Logical-mathematical, linguistic, spatial, musical, bodily-kinesthetic, intrapersonal, interpersonal and naturalistic).

4. 0
    Beth37posted 2 years ago

The person who doesn't stick a fork in the toaster... I know this is wrong, and I still do it.

1. EncephaloiDead profile image60
      EncephaloiDeadposted 2 years ago in reply to this

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Intelligence is the ability to acheive your goals.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

6. Adityapullagurla profile image82
    Adityapullagurlaposted 2 years ago

I would say a every person is intelligent, highly intelligent is just another classification like superman