jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Good God, Man-We are ALL ONE

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8580170.jpg
    Why is there is much dissension when it comes to religion and politics?   Christian, Atheist, Buddhist, Jewish, Moslem, Pagan, Wiccan, New Ager, Agnostic, Humanistic? Democrat, Liberal, Progressive, Conservative, Republican, Independent?  We are really ALL ONE under God, Universal Being, or the Godhead.  Each of us are where we supposed to be in our individual lives as far as religion and politics go.   There is no monolithic people under these constructs-each people within a particular religion or a particular political stances have varying opinions on different subjects.  For instance, I am a Liberal, New Ager, while I am pro-choice, believe in same sex marriage, and for the advancement of women and other oppressed and marginalized people, I believe in each person accepting responsibility and being accountable to themselves.  I also believe in pulling oneself by one's bootstraps and not being dependent upon the government for handouts.    There are also  conservatives who have progressive outlooks.   People are PEOPLE regardless.  If humankind is going to be the true definition of evolved, 21st century people, they have to advance beyond artificial societal constructs.  Do you agree with this premise?

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Two things.  1) Any government must apply some control to the actions of it's people, for protection from neighbors if nothing else.  2) People have a natural propensity to control others for no other reason than they like the feeling it gives them.

Put the two together and every government on the face of the planet exerts more control over the population than is needed, simply because someone somewhere liked the thought of control.

Only when mankind has outlived that desire to control others, only when we have learned to "live and let live" will we be able to live in close proximity to others in peace.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
        gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The need for dominance and territoriality is hardwired in the human brain and consciousness.  It will be difficult to remove such conditioning.

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Which is why we cannot get along after evolving for millions of years.  Sad, but it's how we are built.

working