jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

ego eGO egO Ego EGO

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Ego is such a complexity.  To some, ego is a magnificent life force and extremely imperative in order to even exist and ultimately  thrive on this earthly plane.  To others, ego is the main reason as to why  humankind is not united with his/her higher consciousness or the Godhead, Universal Being, or God.  A few view ego as detrimental to the higher evolution of humankind.  What is YOUR conception of ego?

1. 0
      Rad Manposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think it depends on what one means by ego. Do you mean the conscious and unconscious part of the mind that control the requests for the id and superego or do you mean arrogance? I do believe that for the most part humans are arrogant. How we go from looking at ourselves as just another animal on the outer edge of one of billions of galaxies to believe the entire universe was made for us and we are at it's centre is way beyond my comprehension and is a huge hindrance to our well being.

2. 0
    Beth37posted 2 years ago

They make good waffles.

1. 0
      Rad Manposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Let go my ego.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

I don't really hold with the Freudian world view so it is not a concept I find useful.

4. calculus-geometry profile image85
    calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago

Speaking of Freud, I've been waiting for you to start a Woody Allen thread. 

*slinks away quietly*

1. 0
      Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I thought about it, but i knew I'd go off.

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

Ego is the illusion of the sense of self. It is not a bad word unless the Illusory Self is the most important concern to that particular ego. When the ego becomes aware of others and begins to actually care about others, it expands its awareness and becomes free of excessive egotism. The ego eventually comprehends the source of its being… and the source of all beings. This is called transcendence.