jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Why do we get Deja Vu?

1. tHErEDpILL profile image86
    tHErEDpILLposted 3 years ago

A  french word meaning, "already seen", is Deja Vu an abnormality of memory or something else? 

Wikipedia gave me this scientific response;
    The psychologist Edward B. Titchener in his book 1928 A Textbook of Psychology, explained déjà vu as caused by a person having a brief glimpse of an object or situation, before the brain has completed "constructing" a full conscious perception of the experience. Such a "partial perception" then results in a false sense of familiarity.

But critics say this;
    However, this explanation has been criticized that the brain would not be able to store information without a sensory input first.

Where do we stand on this people?  Is Deja  Vu an abnormality in our CPU (brain) or is it a glitch in The Matrix caused by who knows....

1. janesix profile image59
      janesixposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't know. I used to have de ja vu all the time. Along with sleep paralysis. Up until I had a kundalini experience. I think it's a kind of precursor to that. Like small glimpses into other forms of conciousness.

Scientifically, I've heard that it's possibly just a mini seizure.

1. tHErEDpILL profile image86
        tHErEDpILLposted 3 years ago in reply to this

When you had deja vu did you remember the thoughts for awhile or was it the normal feeling that goes away after a few minutes.

1. janesix profile image59
          janesixposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I honestly can't remember. The feeling itself is so hard to describe, or to remember very clearly.

Some people think it's weird, but I always thought it was a rather enjoyable experience.

working