jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

World Science U Is About To Launch

1. EncephaloiDead profile image59
    EncephaloiDeadposted 3 years ago

"World Science U brings you science like never before, making it visual, interactive, and exciting.

Brian Greene, Columbia University Professor, is teaching our first two courses, on the wonders of Einstein's Special Relativity. They're free. And more are coming. On a wide range of subjects."

http://welcome.worldscienceu.com/page/s … ce=website

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sounds neat.  Now do I take the "Relativity for dummies", without the math, or assume that I remember my math from 40 years ago and take the university class? smile

EncephaloiDeadposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Brian Greene was on Colbert the other night and explained that he will do these videos in two ways, one for the layman using visuals and another with mathematics for those who really want to understand the theories. Even with the math, he says most should be able to follow along. With Special Relativity, I can understand that, but with General Relativity, the math is far more involved.

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That would be my guess, too.  I studied some special relativity in school - it would be fun to refresh that.

2. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 3 years ago

Cool.

EncephaloiDeadposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Agreed, totally cool. Greene is trying to do everything he can to help our youth want to learn about science and how the world works, and he's doing it for free.

No collection plates. smile

working