jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'm interested in others opinions on Robert Lanza's talk

1. mariexotoni profile image90
    mariexotoniposted 2 years ago

What are your thoughts on Robert Lanza's talk on biocentrism?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI_F4nOKDSM

Also, can anyone find a transcript of this?

1. Quilligrapher profile image88
      Quilligrapherposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Are you aware that youtube provides a transcript you can access from the video page? Follow the line with the thumb up/thumb down icons to the right.  Click the rectangular icon to the right of  “add to” to see a transcription synced to the audio track.

1. mariexotoni profile image90
        mariexotoniposted 2 years ago in reply to this

When I googled, I saw YouTube had transcripts but I could not find the link to click. Thank you so much for that !

2. 61
      (Q)posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Firstly, Lanza starts out his speech stating that biocentrism is an idea that shakes the foundations of science, finds answers that physics and chemistry cannot find, which are suspiciously woo woo. He then goes on to refer to the fine tuning of the universe, quantum physics, entanglement, etc. without actually giving us any relevance to biocentrism, again, more woo woo.

Replace all physics with biocentrism, space and time are irrelevant because it's all in the mind, woo woo.

Biocentrism is the ONLY way to explain our universe. Total woo woo.

Lanza doesn't even make it half way through his speech without showing biocentrism is hand waving nonsense.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Based on that video I still don't really know what biocentrism is, according to this guy--or why I should care.