jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How do People Face Crises Calmly?

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 3 years ago

I’m looking for new ideas on how people can act calmly when they are face what seems to be a crisis.

For instance, one high-level manager faces contractors who storm into his office saying, “Il shut down the job if you don’t compensate us for this overrun immediately.” They may come in shouting. He hears them out and says he’ll think about it. When they storm toward the door, saying, “You can expect a lawsuit,” he asks, “How much would it take to settle this now?” That generally turns the crisis into a discussion.

But we each face crises, and some of them are fake, especially political ones that us bloggers write about. Take the nation debt. It was never really a crisis, but until everyone got hysterical and turned it into a crisis, Washington politicos wouldn’t take it seriously. Then, it became a discussion. and now both parties are discussing it.

So, any ideas on how to be calm during crises? What about personal crises, like getting a bill in the mail that seems unfair?

2. aware profile image72
    awareposted 3 years ago

I'm a contractor .When things blow up  ,i take a softer tone in voice.if you want to scream or yell. dont

Dr Billy Kiddposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Right, I've heard that from contractors, that some blow up and some establish a dialogue. Thanks.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image82
    Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago

Don't have an opinion and don't be surprised.

Dr Billy Kiddposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's OK!

working