More Delicacies for Thought

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago
    Do YOU contend that life is one big popularity contest and that those who are deemed the most noteworthy whether in academia, the corporate world, and/or in the media are considered to be the most successful by virtue of their particular brand?   Yes, life is ONE, BIG popularity game- no matter who and where you are, if you are extremely likeable/marketable, you WILL SUCCEED; if not no matter how SMART/EDUCATED you are, you WON'T SUCCEED. Let's discuss this!

2. Kiss andTales profile image29
    Kiss andTalesposted 2 years ago

I believe it is wonderful to succeed in your goals in life. But what I can see from both sides is one is tempory meaning of happiness and success on earth now ,and the other is  unending life of happiness here on earth soon to come.
    Reference Bible Pr 3:16 Length of days is in its right hand; in its left hand there are riches and glory. 

Solomon who was a rich man that  had much to say about being rich and successful .

Reference Bible Ec 2:10 And anything that my eyes asked for I did not keep away from them. I did not hold back my heart from any sort of rejoicing, for my heart was joyful because of all my hard work, and this came to be my portion from all my hard work. 

Reference Bible Ec 2:18 And I, even I, hated all my hard work at which I was working hard under the sun, that I would leave behind for the man who would come after me.

Luke 12: 20-21 But God said to him, ‘Unreasonable one, this night they are demanding your life from you. Who, then, is to have the things you stored up?’ 21 So it goes with the man who stores up treasure for himself but is not rich toward God.”
    Good words to think about.

3. grand old lady profile image88
    grand old ladyposted 2 years ago

I think emotional intelligence has a lot to do with success, more so than brilliance. It also helps if you look good and you have a network of big timers.

But if you don't have a personal ethic that you stand by in doing your work, success will be frail and it won't make you happy nor as respected as you'd like to be. It may also make you less rich, but at least you will be able to sleep well at night, which is priceless.