jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Are 21st Century Humans Ready for Contact With Intelligent Alien Life?

1. 0
    mbuggiehposted 2 years ago

A study published in the journal ACTA ASTRONAUTICA indicates that: "As a species, humanity is still not ready for trying to actively contact a supposed extraterrestrial civilization [and this study also demonstrates that] the knowledge of the general public of a certain education level about the cosmos and our place within it is still poor. Therefore, a cosmic awareness must be further promoted — where our mind is increasingly conscious of the global reality that surrounds us — using the best tool available to us: education. In this respect, we need a new Galileo to lead this journey."

Additional information can be found at: http://www.agenciasinc.es/en/News/Are-w … telligence

Do you agree or disagree with the findings of this study? Why? Why not?

1. kateperez profile image60
      kateperezposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree with the findings of this study.  Encountering individuals from a new culture is difficult for the masses, I can only think that more education is necessary for the average human to accept that there are other planets with life that may come to Earth.

This planet is more full of closed-minds when it comes to life on other planets.  One such group are the uber-devout Christians who believe, with all their heart, that God only gave one planet life. 

Me?  I think it is pretty darn arrogant to believe we are the only planet with living beings.  How would that look for the entire everything to only give life to such a small part of it.

2. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I would think it far more important that we learn how to treat each other, and by extension any visitors, than to learn cosmology.

As long as we run around killing each other, treating each other like dirt, demanding that everyone be the same we will fail miserably in impressing any ET that comes to visit.

Better kindly and ignorant than cruel but know how many planets there are in our little system.

1. 0
        Motown2Chitownposted 2 years ago in reply to this

3. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sadly, the average 21st century human has a problem interfacing with fellow humans, especially if the latter are different in any way than he/she is, LET ALONE EXTRATERRESTIALS.

2. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

Conservative Christians don't believe in aliens because they clash with the idea that God made humans to be the best things in the universe, so when they do arrive, they'll claim they're demons and attempt to shoot them down and doom us all to vengeful genocide.

1. Castlepaloma profile image26
      Castlepalomaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't think Alien have arrived yet, although Jesus and a few others did claim they were not from this world. Aliens would be too intelligent to create war, if Jesus was an Alien, we got one on the dumb side.

3. EncephaloiDead profile image60
    EncephaloiDeadposted 2 years ago

Most of the people on the planet are stuck in the Bronze Age, still worshiping their mythical gods.

They aren't even ready for human contact, let alone alien contact.

1. Castlepaloma profile image26
      Castlepalomaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Beam me up Scotty!

No intelligent life here