jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

What comes to MIND when the numbers 13 and 666 are mentioned? There

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

are those to whom these numbers have QUITE NEGATIVE associations?  They view such numbers as preordained evil.  Others see no significance whatsoever in such numbers.  To them, it's numbers no more, no less.   There are some people who see an occult significance in such numbers.   What is 13 and 666 to YOU?

1. AshtonFirefly profile image82
      AshtonFireflyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sure they're used by some occults. I don't think that makes them inherently evil. It just means that different occults use them to symbolize certain things. Not really a big deal to me. If I get a receipt at McDondal's which costs me 6.66 I don't feel like I have to un-curse myself or anything...

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

"13" makes me think of the Friday the 13th movies.

"666" makes me think of Iron Maiden's song "The Number of the Beast."

...make of that what you will.

True story: Years ago when I worked as a cashier at a KMart, I had a customer whose total came to $6.66. She was visibly disturbed and insisted on paying me an extra penny so that it would total up to $6.67 instead.

1. 0
      Motown2Chitownposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The mother of a childhood friend refused to dial phone numbers that had three sixes in a row.  She'd have someone else actually dial the phone.

For me, I see 13 and think baker's dozen.  Eh, my first job was in a bakery. 666 just brings to mind end times stuff, but it doesn't really concern or frighten me.