jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

a VERY poignant question

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What are the ten things that you FEAR?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
      Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I fear people thinking that aliens are bad. I think aliens are good. I imagine they are more evolved with great love in their hearts and are technologically and intellectually more advanced. It is possible they brought us computer technology. They are waiting to make themselves known to us to a greater extent. When we evolve in consciousness and spirituality, they will help bring us to a better way of life…

And they will say, "When Jesus returns, listen with an open mind and an open heart. Don't make things up. Listen well and better than you have done thus far." I fear we will misunderstand the aliens and ignore the message of love and peace they bring and in the end, attempt to destroy them. This is why we have never seen them… they know us and keep themselves hidden and at a distance… a great one.

They are not ugly like in this picture, gm. They are beautiful and otherworldly. I would like to paint portraits and images of aliens, but of benevolent ones, not malevolent ones. That would make an interesting gallery show, I think. I fear people would rather see portraits of ugly, scary aliens and disregard my show. I fear we are de-evolving and I can't figure out why! It is the one thing we all have in common… the urge to be happy!  Surely to evolve is the way to go!
      Thanks for the topic.

BTW "poignant adjective
      touching, moving, sad, affecting, pitiful, piteous, pathetic, sorrowful, mournful, wretched, miserable, distressing, heart-rending, tearjerking, plaintive, tragic."

1. Seafarer Mama profile image86
        Seafarer Mamaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree that in a way we are de-evolving, and that is due to decades of fear-mongering via media.
        The media has had a horrible effect on our psyche, especially the ads, info-mercials, and newscasts.
        So, turning off the television, walking in nature, and medicating could bring more people to a better place.

You may be correct about aliens. It is definitely not fair to depict a certain group of beings as only bad. There are both good and bad in all groups of creatures...but usually more good as far as I'm concerned. I do think that humans may be doing the most harm, though. If focused on love and unity, we may start evolving again. We just need to give up our fears, but still be smart and cautious, and seek to help all races have their needs met.

Those in power want us to fear each other so we don't unite and rebel against their efforts to control us. Fear is always used to control.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
          Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree.

2. calculus-geometry profile image86
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

LOL...aliens assimilating?