jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Please share your views on Illusion & Reality of Life ?

1. SharmaRoshan profile image59
    SharmaRoshanposted 24 months ago

What is Reality?
    The situations and people you are facing now in your life is your reality.
    Can you change it and make it better ?
    When you accept, everything around you and take each step with the intention, to make everything that comes across you better, slowly with the time you can change the reality of your life.
    The illusions are what you carry in your mind and what you think and imagine about people and situations of your life, while the reality is, when you face the situations and people in your life, as they are and give your best response to it, in the moment.

1. Matty2014 profile image70
      Matty2014posted 24 months ago in reply to this

Or maybe the reality we are living now is an illusion, maybe we are living in a Plato cave, we are too comfortable to play by others' rules, too focus on the moment that we are living in, just like the people in Nineteen Eighty Four, they are just surviving, but not trying to change the world.

2. Kiss andTales profile image29
    Kiss andTalesposted 24 months ago

I think it is wonderful you are helping others to discern between illusion and reality.
    Illusion can mentally exist but like a desert a  marag of water appears but really does not exist .
    The reality of life and it's pains keep reminding us that it is real. But we certainly have not been left alone
    Reference Bible De 31:6 BE courageous and strong. Do not be afraid or suffer a shock before them, because Jehovah your God is the one marching with you. He will neither desert you nor leave you entirely.”

3. firstday profile image80
    firstdayposted 24 months ago

Sharma Roshan,

Reality = For what it is worth, my belief is that it is all an illusion, a dream within a dream. 

Make it better = By waking up in the dream, conscious of who you really are in the moment.

4. Kylyssa profile image94
    Kylyssaposted 24 months ago

Illusion comes from not living in the moment.  People try to live in the future instead of just planning for it.  When they do that, they must imagine the future as it might be while ignoring a large portion of what is.

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image83
    Kathryn L Hillposted 24 months ago

I really like this statement:
    "…the reality is, when you face the situations and people in your life, as they are and give your best response to it, in the moment."

Sometimes we wonder if we can change our responses when we know they are critical and unloving or even hateful… it is hard but… we have to change our responses to save ourselves!
    Here is a great affirmation I recently learned:
    I can change.
    I have the willpower to change
    I will change.

Thanks, SharmaRoshan

6. colorfulone profile image86
    colorfuloneposted 24 months ago

“Being impeccable with your word is the correct use of your energy; it means to use your energy in the direction of truth and love for yourself.”
    ― Miguel Ruiz