jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

The Hadron Collider - What are you in a parallel universe?

1. Popit profile image80
    Popitposted 19 months ago

We were watching the news this morning and noted that the Hadron Collider had been cranked up a gear and was busy on it's quest for the creation of dark matter.  (My husband obsesses with this and blames the collider for all sorts of natural disasters, much to my amusement.)  Trying to make light of the subject, I joked that I hoped that I was having a better day in a parallel universe. (I've spent the morning clearing up after a geriatric, incontinent canine, whose bladder defies the laws of nature, nothing that small could produce that amount.)

It got me to thinking as I was digging in manure for the potatoes, what could I be doing in a parallel universe?  I could be in a universe where 5 foot 55 year old's were revered.

Ahh the possibilities!

1. LongTimeMother profile image97
      LongTimeMotherposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Hello Popit. I agree with your husband. I think allowing the Hadron Collider to continue operating is madness.

Let's all just hope they're not successful, because to the best of my knowledge they don't have a plan in place for 'reversing' what they might achieve. sad

1. Popit profile image80
        Popitposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I know what you mean, they had an expert on laughing at the concerns in a most off hand way, whilst the presenter inquired about the likelihood of a black hole appearing and pointed out that theoretical science can go a bit wonky.
        I just make light of it because there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 19 months ago

They should stop messing with it immediately before they accidentally attract the Dark Overlord of the Universe to our planet... unless they also attract Howard the Duck to fight him. That'd be pretty cool.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Personally I'm hoping for Dumbledore...and will probably get Voldemort.

1. Popit profile image80

It could be worse, you could get Helena Bonham-Carter's character.  She'd get on your wick after a few days.

2. Popit profile image80

Ah FFC, I think the Dark Overlord might already be here, are you familiar with the work of Tony Blair?  (Just kidding Labourites, I know that there's an election, but it's a bank holiday, lighten up.)