jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

GAME TIME, Part Four

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 17 months ago

Name the MOST HYPERBOLIC, OUTRAGEOUS conspiracy theory ever!

2. robhampton profile image90
    robhamptonposted 17 months ago

Hmmm. First thing that comes to mind is the people that think our government was behind the 9/11 attacks?

3. Colin Quartermain profile image84
    Colin Quartermainposted 17 months ago

The fact that it wasn't the Titanic that sank but rather the Olympic

4. lions44 profile image94
    lions44posted 17 months ago

Without a doubt, it's the completely nutty Newtown Massacre Conspiracies. Not only crazy, but disgraceful.  I only hope one day they see the light and apologize. Great question.

5. chasmac profile image100
    chasmacposted 17 months ago

That the manned lunar landings were faked.

6. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 17 months ago

The Siberian outpost where supposedly sounds of hell emanate from.
    Then there is the teenage girl who supposedly went to hell several times.   Oh boy, such hyperbole.

7. chasmac profile image100
    chasmacposted 17 months ago

Can I change my answer? I've just thought of another one that I think is even more ridiculous than the faked moon landings example I gave.

Beatle Paul McCartney supposedly died in the mid 60s and was replaced, at short notice, by a look-alike and sound-alike that could play guitar and bass left-handed and could write world-class hit songs in exactly the same style. The idea that Paul's early Liverpool fans (who actually knew him), or his friends and extended family could be fooled (or successfully sworn to secrecy) is beyond belief as is the idea that the new guy's friends and family could keep it secret too.
    I would only have classed this as a rumour and not a conspiracy theory if it weren't for the fact that I recently discovered it's still going on (Youtube, of course) but now MI5 (The British Secret Service) are cited as the ones who arranged it all. (If anything, the establishment would have been glad to see the Beatles split up).

For anyone remotely interested, the cryptic clues that I remember that the Beatles supposedly gave out included:
    On Abbey Road album cover - Fake Paul, barefooted but wearing a suit represented the deceased Paul, white-suited Lennon was the clergy man, dark-suited Ringo was the undertaker and denim-wearing Harrison was the grave digger. In the background, a car bearing the number plate 28IF meant Paul would have been 28 IF he had lived.
    Magical Mystery Tour album cover, if held up to the mirror (and if you used a bit of imagination), spelled out a phone number that if called supposedly revealed the truth. Turns out it was a Manchester furniture store, and they were mighty displeased with all the calls.