jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Going Beyond the Biology Why Men Want to Become Stronger Physically

1. Phil Perez profile image82
    Phil Perezposted 21 months ago

Biologically, men strive for a durable, toned physical figure to impress women in order to show they are the "healthiest" out of the others to reproduce with them, of course. Now, talking philosophically, why do men want physical strength when we've adapted from being unintelligent to sophisticated? I believe in order to not die from ideals and beliefs, men "muscle up" to stop those who are still ignorant from killing the intelligent/wise who cannot stand up to intellect and feel they must hurt to feel right and/or in power.

This is anti-socratic and it's just a theory to go a little deeper into biology and make it more philosophical.

1. janesix profile image61
      janesixposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I think it's all still biology/instinct. Women choose males that are physically fir when at all possible to procreate with. Even if it's on a subconscious level.

1. Phil Perez profile image82
        Phil Perezposted 21 months ago in reply to this

You make a good point, janesix. Now that I've reread it, I realized it's still biological. It's philosophical, but mainly biological because it has to do with survival, and being physically stronger has to do with exactly that. Very insightful.

2. chuckandus6 profile image51
      chuckandus6posted 21 months ago in reply to this

I think its part of tradition n part testosterone and a little bit of male ego.

working