jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Life today, compared to yesterday.

1. lisavanvorst profile image80
    lisavanvorstposted 18 months ago

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12615365_f520.jpg
    If you could go back in time; what decade would you go back to and why?

1. Credence2 profile image86
      Credence2posted 18 months ago in reply to this

Probably the 1920's a period rich with technological and cultural change.

2. lisavanvorst profile image80
      lisavanvorstposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Thank you both for replying. I think this question will bring many interesting answers. I liked the 80's. My children were young and I had more energy. This year I turn the big 50 (ouch). Also although my husband and I had little money, it did not seem so in the 80's. Probably because things were not as expensive as they are now.
      Oh and I also liked the music of the 80's. My least favorite decade is now. Times are tough. Sure the kids are grown with children of their own, but just to survive and buy food is a struggle. Let's see what other hubbers would say.

1. Credence2 profile image86
        Credence2posted 18 months ago in reply to this

The 80's was a great time for music, right after the disco fatigue. The New Wave was a breath of fresh air. Soccer moms and Volvos, GenerationX comes of age.  Check out my tribute to 1983. Of course, now is not a favorite time because you are in the midst of it, such is always the case. I like to converse about this sort of stuff, continue the conversation. Fifty now, for me, is a point of nostalgia. No kids, just retired, the best time is now and the years to come, if ones' health does not disappoint.

3. tsmog profile image86
      tsmogposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Nostalgic wise I would like the early fifties when Rat Rods began. But, most of the innovative Rat Rodders were ex-WWII pilots particularly fighter pilots. So, that means the late forties leading into the early fifties. It was also when Rock-N-Roll was kinda' hitting the streets too. I wear shorts and T-Shirts mostly living in So-Cal, but I also stick to Levi's and T-Shirts too. I would fit in easily. Of course I would want the knowledge I have today to go back with too. Then, I would be one of the innovators wink

2. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 18 months ago

30 CE...that decade would be Very interesting...

working