jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Can you please share some teacher appreciation ideas?

1. scorpionmagnet profile image59
    scorpionmagnetposted 7 years ago

Since teacher appreciation week 2009 is fast approaching in America and other countries of the world, may I take this opportunity to ask you here guys what do you think is the best teacher appreciation gift? I am joining this year's activity and plan to send poetry pieces to my favorite English teacher back in high school. Would my poetry pieces, how i cherished her excellent tutorials, satisfy her? Can you please share me some ideas. Your responses will be highly appreciated and respected. thanks.

1. ouidah profile image59
      ouidahposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm sorry, I could only see the "headline" question when I was responding earlier.

My favorite form of teacher appreciation is a note.  Any kind of note, letter, contact letting me know that I made some sort of difference.  Nothing more yikes)

2. 0
    luv.poemposted 7 years ago

I love that idea! Getting anything that shows how a teacher influenced their students is the best gift s/he could ever receive.  Another great idea for an English teacher is to go to the "Gifts for readers" section of your local bookstore. There are a lot of neat journals, pens, bookends, and other things that an English teacher would love!

3. ouidah profile image59
    ouidahposted 7 years ago

Our school does a GREAT job appreciating teachers!  We have a Valentine's Day Breakfast fully catered and funded by local businesses.  That in and of itself is fantastic!

In addition, the students vote on about 20 - 30 categories of their "favorite teacher" (most available to help, most friendly, etc.).  Each teacher and staff member who receives an award also receives a gift certificate from a local business.  Sometimes, those gift certificates are donated, and sometimes they are paid for by PTSA.

One of my friends (another math teacher), got an award for the "Most Entertaining Teacher".  She was given a gift certificate to a local toy store where she could buy anything for her classroom (she had to provide a receipt to prove this for auditing purposes).

I cannot even BEGIN to describe how much the teachers LOVE this.  It takes a tremendous amount of organization (on the part of the PTSA), but it is worth it to us!

4. lindagoffigan profile image60
    lindagoffiganposted 7 years ago

A teacher appreciation plaque or certificate with her name on it and if you are a former student, the year that she taught you as your favorite teacher.  I think teachers like personalized gifts and there is always the perennial apple.  But of course the apple should be in a pendant or a paperweight from a teacher's gift shop like TAPS.

5. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 7 years ago

Effort from students is the best teacher appreciation. From the admin side, it's the $.