1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 months ago
    To play the contrarian yet ......again, what is Satan's role in the scheme of things?  Is Satan God's rebellious, disfavored child, & even the black sheep in His angelic, heavenly family?  Is Satan the metaphorical representative of questioning authority & seeking difference from the herd?  Is Satan the collective scapegoat for the ills of the world?  Or do you believe in the more traditional definition of Satan as real, pure evil to be feared?  What IS Satan to YOU?

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 months ago

As of September 11, 2001, Islam.

I'll probably get some flack for that, don't care.

3. AshtonFirefly profile image83
    AshtonFireflyposted 4 months ago

I've always thought of Satan as a subconsciously crafted mental construct onto which we project that which we perceive to be unacceptable tendencies within ourselves, which we then translate into being "evil."

Most people have a conscience and an awareness of good and evil. As to how that originated (i.e. whether socially, innately, etc.) I have no educated theory. Satan, to me, has just always represented that side of ourselves which goes against this conscience and which we have a difficult time accepting as part of our own psyche.

People say things like "Satan tempted me to do this," or "I was deceived by Satan." Are we truly saying Satan is tempting us, or are we simply projecting our own unwanted natural tendencies onto another entity, so that we do not have to face these unwanted natural tendencies within ourselves?

Just something to ponder.