Asian-Americans LEAD in Household Income

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 months ago
    According to the Pew Research study, a century or so ago, Asian-Americans were near the bottom of American society socioeconomically.  In 2010, Asian-Americans were the highest educated & earned an average household income of $66,000 per year while the median household income was $49,800 per year .  Asian-Americans are the fastest growing racial group in the United States. As of 2010, Asian-Americans comprised 17 million individuals.  In 2010, Asian-American household wealth was, on average,  $83,500.00 which was less than Caucasians($112,000) but considerably more than Latinos ($7,800)  & Blacks (  $5,730).  The study further indicated that Asian-Americans possess a positive work ethic, believing that if one works smart, h/she will succeed.  Asian-Americans also place an emphasis on education & achievement.  A Wall Street Journal article in 2013 concurred that in 2012, Asian-Americans have the highest median household incomes($68,636 per year) while Caucasians' median household income was $57,009 per year.  It is even lower for Latinos & Blacks w/ the median household income for Latinos was $39,005 per year & Blacks' median household income was $33,321 per year.   Your thoughts?

1. Credence2 profile image86
      Credence2posted 4 months ago in reply to this

They are a very disciplined and studious people. I wished that my own folks can pick up a few of their traits. As, I have heard many Anglos wish that they would 'lighten up' a bit. But their 'focus' is the reason for their success.

Can't help to note though, that they are 70% supporters of the Democrats.
      I wonder why that is?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
        gmwilliamsposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I second that, I wish MORE American Blacks would pick up such traits.  Asian-Americans believe in education first & foremost.  To them, everything is secondary to education.  They value intellectualism.  They PRIORITIZE education.    They want their children to have top grades, want their children to use all their potentials.  Many American Blacks decry education & achievement as acting Caucasian.   I have heard many American Blacks, some middle class, state how their children are social, not mentioning their educational attainment.   Many American Blacks also major in irrelevant subjects in college yet moan that they can't get jobs.   Asian-Americans major in the STEM subjects which guarantee that they get high earning, in demand careers upon graduation.   Asian-Americans are SERIOUS about education while many American Blacks sadly......AREN'T.