jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)

What's "prehistoic"?

1. aka-dj profile image80
    aka-djposted 7 years ago

Evolutionists often refer to prehistoric (this or that). Then they go into all sorts of "details" of how everything was (supposed to be).
    I mean we get hairy, monkey like humanoids (in full colour, and animated no less)from nothing more than jawbones. Or CGI of all sorts of dinosaurs, what they looked like et-al, from fossils.
    If it's "pre" historic, how can we know?
    It's only human imagination after all. (somones best guess)ye?

1. Paraglider profile image91
      Paragliderposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Prehistoric means before documentary evidence. It doesn't mean before evidence.

2. mythbuster profile image85
      mythbusterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Pre-hi-stoic? The time before Stoics inhabited the earth?

3. Shil1978 profile image88
      Shil1978posted 7 years ago in reply to this

How about God then - human imagination?

2. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

archeology, remains, bones, ruins, carbon dating - all sorts.

1. packerpack profile image60
      packerpackposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Agree with her. Not each and every scientist speak about prehistoric times based on imagination. We have so many technologies and scientific methods that help us collect data and derive proper inference about life and environment in those days.

1. andromida profile image76
        andromidaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with both of you.Prehistoric is before the starting of writing or having some reliable evidence of something.If this is the case then we have to depend on fossil, carbon dating etc.-that much only I know.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

The HubPages forums are really showing me what it would have been like if we had had the Internet during the Dark Ages...

4. gbychan profile image60
    gbychanposted 7 years ago

IIRC, "history" refers to documented information. "Prehistory" is used to differentiate everything that was PRIOR to human record. So if you're looking at anything that existed or happened before people (generally or within that specific region) developed a method of writing about it, then it's obviously "before history."

5. Ivorwen profile image83
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

Technically, any animal that went extinct prior to 1500 A.D. is considered prehistoric.

6. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 7 years ago

prehysteric, the moment in time before everybody went nuts

1. mythbuster profile image85
      mythbusterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I had outlined 'prehistoic' because of the original spelling mistake in the thread, but I like where you're going with this, too, Dolores Monet!

7. Pete Maida profile image61
    Pete Maidaposted 7 years ago

There is plenty of evidence on Earth and in the stars.  I do not know the exact definition but I would say it would be the ages before written history.

If the Earth was very old there would be no oil or diamonds.  Also if there wasn't life on Earth before humans there would also be no oil because the organic matter wouldn't have had enough time to create it.

I put a Hubble picture in one of my hubs of galaxies hundreds of millions of light years away.  That picture itself and the science behind is evidence of the age of the universe.

8. moposan profile image61
    moposanposted 7 years ago

9. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Mark Knowles!!! lolololo big_smile just kidding. smile(((Big Hugs)) smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

10. Shil1978 profile image88
    Shil1978posted 7 years ago

The evidence is there for those who wish to see it!!!