Hubpages on College Application

1. Brooke Lambert profile image59
    Brooke Lambertposted 3 weeks ago

Is Hubpages a good thing to put on your college application? I plan on majoring in journalism and I was wondering if Hubpages is an appropriate thing to put on your application to showcase some of your writing.

1. promisem profile image94
      promisemposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Absolutely! You also should plan to put it on job or internship applications as well. I strongly suggest you review your articles with a grammar checker or friend who is good at editing. You want to make sure you are showcasing your best quality material and using journalism writing principles.

http://blogs.setonhill.edu/Journalism/2 … ut-60.html

As a former editor who hired a lot of people, I would look closely at your articles to get an indication about your abilities. I would also question you about what you learned on HubPages about search engine optimization, social media, graphic development and online publishing in general. HP has the potential to develop all of these skills in you.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 weeks ago

Honestly, I wouldn't except as a hobby, and even then only if all of your hubs are the very best they can be.  Not all journalists are fans of content sites.

As it is you have no featured hubs and the one hub on your profile seems to use material from conventional news sites (e.g. photographs) without payment or credit.  This could count against you.

IMHO: if your career goal is to be a journalist either follow journalistic standards or use a pen name.

working