jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)

How to be invisible?

1. packerpack profile image61
    packerpackposted 8 years ago

I watched a Bollywood movie when I was a kid. The main lead in the film had a watched which when put on the wrist would make the person invisible.

The logic was, light used to just cross the body of the person. Since light did not get reflected from his body so no one could see him.

Now here is the counter logic. Since the light passes through his body (without getting reflected or absorbed) so the retina at the back of his eye should not be able to catch the light as a result he too should not be able to see anything.

So if you want to be invisible my making light pass through your body completely then not only you will be invisible to others but you will be blind too.

So what do you think could be other method to become invisible?

1. aka-dj profile image79
      aka-djposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Just turn out (off) the light! "    " (my invisible smiley) LOL

1. Bob Cedar profile image65
        Bob Cedarposted 8 years ago in reply to this

LOL Pretty clever.

2. packerpack profile image61
        packerpackposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That is great idea but in dark even I will not be able to see anything. This is what the original problem was.

Then I suggest you "evolve" into something with sonar, like bats, or dolphins. You can be invisible to all (in the dark) and still "see".

I don't agree here. Bats and dolphins use the sonar like technique to hear the incoming sounds and judge distance of the object ahead. The problem still holds good!

Actually,I saw a program that suggested dolphins can detect internal organ abnormalities (such as in sick children) and modify their behaviour when encountering such kids. The study suggested they can "see" into the body.
              But beyond this, I'm all out of ideas. Happy hunting. smile

Ya you are correct. With the help of the sound waves they receive their brain is capable enough to paint a picture of the object. It is just like the ultrasound technique employed to find the sex and the health of unborn babies.

Human brain is not capable to do such picture painting hence different approach is needed.

Even if our brain were capable to paint the picture still the problem holds, how does that make us invisible? Switch of the light as suggested earlier?? Definitely not. This ultrasound technology may solve the problem for us getting blind when light passes through us to make us invisible but then how do we make light pass through us??? Looks like I have repeated the original question again. Back to square one sad

2. mohitmisra profile image61
                mohitmisraposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Fascinating. smile

2. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 8 years ago

Packer - I honestly don't know.

However, if I did know, then I wouldn't be writing on hubpages because I'd be too busy counting my money, enjoying accolades from far and near and soaking up the adoration from the science world. And the underworld too of course wink

You are correct buddy. I was just wondering if I can steal some idea from here be invisible and do the things you have just described. wink

1. frogdropping profile image85
        frogdroppingposted 8 years ago in reply to this

heehee - world domiminators (and clever people) - unite big_smile

O yes man anytime. Lets work together and share the revenue (loot)

3. Kudlit profile image49
    Kudlitposted 8 years ago

Your title sounds like a hub I'd write. smile

4. Paraglider profile image90
    Paragliderposted 8 years ago

Here's a cat with an invisible bike:

http://fancynotions.files.wordpress.com … a02_o2.jpg

Here's a trike, with an invisible cat.
      http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020mhZwlK0 … 377494296/ tongue

Hey guys plz don't do halfhearted job. Here is an invisible cat on an invisible bike

http://www.jillkgregory.com/images/blank.jpg

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

working