culture differences

1. siftlibra profile image60
    siftlibraposted 7 years ago

what do you think of culture differences nowadays?
    does it brought problems or driven force to our society?

1. bgamall profile image86
      bgamallposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is good for laughs. What I mean is, Russell Peters is a comedian who goes all around the world making ethnic jokes both about his background (Indian) and about the background of his audience. He also plays with words. So, he says people will get together but people can get together now and this is how it will be: A Cuban and an Icelander get together, they are Icecubes. A person from Holland and a Philipino get together. They are Holapino's. A French person and a Greek get together. They are Freeks. smile

2. wychic profile image79
    wychicposted 7 years ago

It depends on where and how the cultural differences come together, I think. The biggest issue we see here with cultural differences is the difference in culture from the mainstream US and Mexican cultures. Namely, the different views on a woman's place in that culture. The two cultures in general view women very differently, which can cause some pretty major clashes in relationships and lesser ones in the working world.

Cultures only create an issue when they collide, because otherwise it's just accepted norms. That said, I think that varied cultures are a wonderful thing because they force us to expand our own view of the world and learn to incorporate new ideas through exposure to other cultures.