jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (18 posts)

What do you feel is more important

1. Drew Breezzy profile image81
    Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago

Life experience or education?

1. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Depends on the individual.  What do you want out of life?  Do you want to be an artist, or a doctor? All that matters is that you love what you do.  There are very successful people out there that have no formal educations yet they educate themselves through life experience.

2. usmanali81 profile image61
      usmanali81posted 7 years ago in reply to this

BOTH ...

2. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 7 years ago

The full benefit of one can't be realized without the other.

3. Anamika S profile image71
    Anamika Sposted 7 years ago

Experience is the best teacher and can teach you things which no Educational Institute can teach.

4. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

Actually i get educated based on my life experiences. lol

5. jenblacksheep profile image84
    jenblacksheepposted 7 years ago

I know this isnt exactly what you mean, but I've just graduated and I'm looking for a job, and people on the whole would much prefer someone with experience to someone with education.

I think education IS an experience that we all have to go through, but there are some things that you just can't learn from education. I think everything can be learned through experience evetually, but for some of these things education will get you there quicker.

1. andromida profile image75
      andromidaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Excellent comment.Thank you.

6. Triplet Mom profile image83
    Triplet Momposted 7 years ago

I think that both balance out each other.  One without the other does not give you the full benefit.  A little of both goes a long way.

7. anujagarwal profile image66
    anujagarwalposted 7 years ago

Both education and experience are equally important...
    Educations teaches you basics of the subject and experience will tell you how to implement those basics or how to use your education in a perfect way. Without education you can do some task but not in the best possible manner.

8. Kerdon profile image86
    Kerdonposted 7 years ago

It depends on how you learn. Some people learn better in an education environment, others learn by doing (i.e. by experience).

9. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 7 years ago

Think of it this way:

If you are going in for brain surgery, do you want a surgeon who never went to school?

Also, do you want a surgeon who has never performed surgery before?

10. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 7 years ago

Education makes you eligible to gain experience in any field and experience in turn gives you knowledge that no education can give

11. andromida profile image75
    andromidaposted 7 years ago

Both are equally important.

12. 0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

Life is an education, that is for sure, but concentrating more when I was at school would have helped me a lot......  I think there are a lot of very well educated people, that would benefit from lifes experience...... Once you have both you must be quite rounded out, and if you are able to reach out to other people in a non judgemental way .... well in my opinion that would really put the top hat on all your achievments.

13. dipless profile image86
    diplessposted 7 years ago

I think both compliment each other and both are vital for a successful and fullfilling life.

14. Umna Safdar profile image59
    Umna Safdarposted 7 years ago

I think education is something we define as learning new things so does life experience.Eventually experience becomes a type of education with only difference that experience gives the test first lesson afterwards.(as said by quote)

15. newcash101 profile image59
    newcash101posted 7 years ago

Life Experience

At this time in our world I would have to say Life Experience is more important due to the fact that some of us have or know someone who has years of Education but was recently laid off from their job and is having a hard time finding another one. I feel that life experience will always show you how to make it through tough times, educated or not.