jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Share something about scientists forgetting the world

1. sarovai profile image62
    sarovaiposted 7 years ago

Scientists, when they do research forget outside the research , until they get some fruitful answer from their research.I do not know about recent days scientist.

1. XTASIS profile image59
      XTASISposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't know either ! smile scientists are always forgetting the outside world. Too much inside their brains !

2. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

hmmm, and which scientists would that be?

3. rcisophie profile image60
    rcisophieposted 7 years ago

Hi! I think it depend on what kind of science you are speaking about - if they are much into deep theoretical research and very confined to a single thing or problem or dealing what we can call a very abstract question - then ok that happens: they lost the hability of relating their work to the world itself. But even so they relate it to some other particular things in the world.
    Now... there is another kind of sciences, like ecology, biology and some biological sciences, there are earth science, environmental sciences... etc, etc...sometimes they are dealing with precise problems but they need to keep in mind the vision of totality - the world itself. There are some sciences that work in an hollistic background. (ATTENTION - holistic means what is related to totality - check the term if you want)

4. kephrira profile image59
    kephriraposted 7 years ago

Lots of people are questioning academic economics at the moment cos all the prfessors have been pretending its a science for years, putting in loads of mathematical formulae to make it look impressive, and people are just starting to realize that all that maths doesn't actually relate to anything real - its all just castles in the sky....