My Interpretation of the Pali Canon to Appear on Hubpages

1. BartholomewKlick profile image82
    BartholomewKlickposted 8 years ago

This is part advertisement for a series I am writing and part thank you letter.

My father wanted me to make the Pali Canon more accessible to western readers.  The problem was, I had no real medium on which to do this.  Magazines weren't interested (The Pali canon is HUGE.) and book publishers I contacted expressed concerns about the book doing well on the market. While I don't mind selling a few books, it is not the main purpose of the project. (A stance that did not endear me to agents, I might add. :-) )

I thought I about using LuLu or some other self-publishing // vanity service for distribution, but that would have severely restricted my distribution, and it would have been of prohibitive cost.

So I would like to thank HubPages for creating this wonderful medium in which I can work on my project and make it available as I finish segments of it.

Cheers, Hubmunity!

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

That sounds like an ambitious undertaking.  It should be interesting reading.

1. BartholomewKlick profile image82
      BartholomewKlickposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That's the wonderful part about using Hub.  I don't have any pressure to finish!  I can just work when I want, and I know people can read it if they want.