Raising money for public schools (whatever-a-thons)...opinions?

1. Joelle Burnette profile image83
    Joelle Burnetteposted 7 years ago

Between my children's two schools and sports teams, my husband and I (okay, who am I kidding...I'm the one that does this activity with the kids) are out knocking on doors to help raise funds with walk-a-thons, pledge-a-thons, candy fundraisers, wrapping paper fundraisers, fundraising events and more.

What are your children's schools doing to raise funds to pay for the extras and what kinds of extras are they trying to raise funds for? Field trips? Art programs? Sports or music? Office supplies?

Our California-is-going-broke elementary school expects to raise $40,000 from our local neighborhoods and supportive businesses. What's happening in your neighborhood? Do you get the same frustrated look from your neighbors when they open the door and find a kid asking for money? Or do they simply not open the door?

2. Easy Fundraising profile image60
    Easy Fundraisingposted 7 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/Easy-Fundraisin … anizations

Hi, Joelle, here's my Hub Page, and I believe it will directly answer your question: "How do we save the school?"

That's a great question, and here's the answer:
    Have people continue to do what they do best; shop for food and gasoline.  Have them donate to the school and get back 5 times what they put in.

That's a neat trick, I agree, and it's happening around the country with churches, schools, and sports teams.  College kids are using the power of this Visa Customer Loyalty program to aid in their tuition, as it works throughout the network of major gas stations and Grocery stores. 

I'm thinking it COULD save the school, and take it OUT of the RED.  That would mean more fun activities and equipment could be afforded while the community benefits financially for their small donation.