jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

student gets throat slashed in lab at UCLA

1. 0
    sandra rinckposted 7 years ago

What is wrong with these kids today?  Violence of this caliber is occurring everywhere and seems to be progressively more common.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/kswb-u … 5099.story

Yesterday morning I was watching the news about the teen violently killed in Chicago and listened to the Mayor address the issue.

And of course anyone can dig up number upon numbers of the same things happening all over the world.

2. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Over here 4 teens around age 17 went on a killing pact and killed a mother and slashed the throat (but didn't kill) an 11 year old girl. The only motive was a "killing pact" they made that said they picked that house at random and killed everyone inside of it.

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I doubt you are kidding.  It sorta makes me fearful that this sort of inability for kids to understand the importance of human life.

One of the things the Mayor of Chicago was saying is that our kids are growing up "believing that their lives are worthless and therefore others are worthless" (might not be an exact word for word quote but that is what he said) and also suggested that parents take more time with their kids.

That is seems that our kids are losing a place in the world because they are in other words, being forgotten by the ones who are supposed to care for them the most and relying on peers who feel the same way about life and life of others as their support groups.

sad  *that is me very sad*

3. 0
    A Texanposted 7 years ago

When I was in High School just about everyone who was old enough to drive a car carried a shotgun in the rear window of their trucks. I never heard of any school shootings back then (almost 30 years)but it wouldn't have been a good idea to attempt it, everyone was packing!

1. 0

lol, these days they don't carry shot guns, it's more like ak 47 and other semi automatic weapons.  Plus they don't "brawl" like men, they "gang" up on the weakest of the bunch and go all out crazy.

I don't support violence at all and stuff but at least it used to be a fair fight, you know; kids fight all the time.  I think it is to be expected that little Timmy Turner is gonna come home with a bloody nose one day...but killing, critically injuring, throat slashing, gang killing, killing with no motive etc...

Oy me my head is spinning.

4. 0
    TMinutposted 7 years ago

No one at my high school showed up without some sort of weapon unless they didn't care about finishing out the day. That was, let's see, how many years since high school? 30 to 35. I liked when we moved to Utah, it's true, the personal assault statistics were so much lower, everyone was armed.

5. 0
    sandra rinckposted 7 years ago

I have only been out of high school for 13 years but I remember the year that I graduated or just prior, the schools all over Washington and other states were putting up metal detectors and banning the use of back packs, hats, baggy pants, bandanas, wearing certain colors, wearing certain name brand clothing and also issued a curfew for anyone under 18.

Then it seemed like these high school gangs were just glorified dorks trying to be hard core.

1. 0
      A Texanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thats been going on in other parts of the country for 40 years, I was talking about a columbine thing.

6. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

Man...I remember back "in the day" that if anyone pulled a weapon in a fight in High School they were considered a coward.
    Even their own friends shunned them because things were settled man to man (or woman to woman).
    Something changed all that.

1. 0

Prolly the lack of parental guidance. lol

When I stepped even an inch out of line my dad would woop my arse!  lol