jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Dreams

1. 0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

What do you think dreams regarding a past relationship mean, especially when the person having the dreams has no interest in the individual they are dreaming about.

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hmm.

i don't think anything because that person doesn't matter to me. i think it just means something reminded me of them, but don't read anhything into it beyond that.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

It suggests you're still working through some issues sub-consciously.

A good trick is to have a sketch pad near the bed and try to draw the dream as soon as you wake up.  Even if you can't draw well, putting it down visually can make you notice elements of the dream you're not consciously aware of, and those elements can often be the key to the meaning.

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

that's good marisa, I was just listening to a show the other night about dreams and he was saying basically what marisa has shared, write anything down that you can remember even if it doesn't make sense.  there's something you still need to work out from that relationship that will help you, and your brain is still active even while deep sleeping. I'll try to find a link if you're interested.

1. 0
        reeltaulkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Great that would be helpful....I really don't believe dreams are the subconscious, (well not all) intense communicating dreams are signs of someone especially if they have a strong connection to you, trying to get your attention

2. 0

great response Marisa thx

1. 0
  3. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

it's certainly a very interesting topic and provided we spend much of our life sleeping and dreaming, they must play a significant role in our lives, so its worth some effort to try to understand what they mean.

here is the link, it is from the Nova series on PBS t.v. I love to watch Nova, always something to learn.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/dreams/

also check out Carl Jung, he writes a lot about dreams. if you google his name, there are many links to his info.

hope this helps. now I'm off to sleep~~ hmmm, wonder what I'll dream about??

1. lorlie6 profile image84
      lorlie6posted 7 years ago in reply to this

rebekahELLE is so right about Jung's analysis of dreams...he was amazing.

working