U.S. History for Homeschoolers, Anyone?

1. Jondolar profile image80
    Jondolarposted 8 years ago

Hi, my name's Jondolar. I've been a "Hubber" for less than a month, but have been a teacher for over 28 years.

Now, you may be wondering what why I'm using the subject title I have. Well, if you are either a homeschooling parent, or a lover of history, read on to find out. I believe you're going to be pleased with what you'll find.

I've been blessed to have a copy of my Great, Great Grandmother's diary from the 1880s when she raised four children on a northern Nebraska homestead while her husband worked through five years to "prove up" their claim. This hub's title is called "1880s Homesteader's Diary".

The selected accounts I've included cover an incredible first hand story of moving from Illinois shortly after being married, out to the great plains of Nebraska during the land rush of 1881, surviving killer blizzards, devistating droughts, and their faith in God that kept this family together through extremely tough times until prayers were answered and they were able to move further west.

For those who might use this hub for their children's education, I would be happy to communicate through email to answer any questions, or expand on any points that might be helpful to their understanding. So, parents, I invite you to check it out and hope to hear from you.

God Bless!

2. reversefunnelsyst profile image78
    reversefunnelsystposted 8 years ago

My name is Tatyana Gann. I am a homeschooling mom of my 5 year old son. I appreciate your input and I would love to hear from  you with more information
    I homeschool and run a business from home so any advice on education and homeschooling will be appreciated

Tatyana Gann

3. Topaz profile image60
    Topazposted 8 years ago

I am a greatgrandmother and I still love to write short biographys about our American Democracy heros. I read these stories and then  I help my children draw pictures reprsenting these heros and the part they played in creating America. They are playing, but they are learning to love history.

These fun read and draw stories at 5 will be remembered later.