jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Writing Science Hubs

1. 60
    (Q)posted 6 years ago

I am appalled at the gross misunderstandings of scientific theories some of the hubs here exhibit. If you haven't gained a firm understanding of those theories, then all you've managed to accomplish is to confuse and obfuscate, while making yourself look the complete fool.

This is an area called, "Knowledge and Education" and not "Uninformed Assertions"

If you haven't a clue, get one first before attempting to assert that which you haven't any understanding. That's what knowledge and education is all about.

1. 0
      thetruthhurts2009posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Write a hub!

2. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Emmm...I hope you're not referring any of mine! Nah, mine's are factual, I don't repeat lies.
      However, don't you think it would be better to write to those guilty of such omissions so that they would learn, rather than a general attack in the forums where the guilty parties do not learn that what they are written is incorrect?
      This is half the trouble with writing hubs, you have to research your subject unless you already have a degree in that field, or its something you otherwise know a lot about.

I hear what you say, but its not going to do a lot of good if those guilty of not carrying out proper research are not told that their hub is in fact,infactual.

1. TMMason profile image75
        TMMasonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. 60
        (Q)posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, as yet I haven't had a chance to read your hubs, however if there are any specific ones, I would be happy to peruse them.

Actually, I have begun to do so, starting with some hubs I've read in cosmology and physics. In one hub, the author claimed Newton was wrong. That alone is an extraordinary claim considering Newtons theories have worked for a very long time. Nonetheless, that is what makes good science, when someone can come along with a better explanation. Unfortunately, it was all to obvious the author had a complete misunderstanding of Newtons law, something a first year physics student could have pointed out, but the author chose to stay firm in his position and considered the explanation an unfounded belief. The author chose not to learn anything.

That is merely one example. There are others.

Isn't that what writing is all about, researching the topic you wish to write about rather than ( I love this one) "face roll your keyboard and call it an article?"

True, and it does no good if they choose to stick to their guns, either, and remain adamant they are next years Nobel Prize candidates.

2. Highvoltagewriter profile image86
    Highvoltagewriterposted 6 years ago

Yea, write a hub, and quite acting like a legend in your own mind...I never see YOU saying anything with any true insight, You just gripe about every one else...Is that why you are here, to bitch about everyone else?

3. TMMason profile image75
    TMMasonposted 6 years ago

Me and Q have had quite good talks as of late.

And I agree with him, some people do mis-understand certain theories. Not all by any means. But some.

4. Highvoltagewriter profile image86
    Highvoltagewriterposted 6 years ago

So were is the mighty Q? Did he go to another form to play God?

1. 60
      (Q)posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi there! Here I am! Want to come out and play?

Would you prefer a "face roll" or a well researched article?

You're free to believe I've contributed nothing here but bemoaning and bellyaching. But, aren't YOU just here in this thread doing exactly what you're accusing of me?

5. Shadesbreath profile image88
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

Truth is, it's easier to just write what you think you know than finding out real stuff.  That requires effort.  More fun to just face roll your keyboard and call it an article.

6. ct2k7 profile image61
    ct2k7posted 6 years ago

Most of my Hubs are written from past events or from what I have been taught, at advanced level science.