WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 54 discussions (174 posts)
  1. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

We've got some interesting people on HubPages with many points of view on many subjects.  These things are good but if you are like me it is rather bewildering not knowing who the person looks like at the other end of the avatar or even where they are geographically.  Call me old fashioned but I like the appearance of face to face conversations.

I understand that location is not something many people want to share.  So, if you would like to be specific on your location that would be great.  Equally as great would be if you felt better as to general terms like England, Australia, United States, Canada or where ever.  Just curious from my end.

I reside in Shenandoah, Iowa in the heart of the United States.  It's a town of about 6,000 in a highly rural and agricultural area.  We basically have three major plants that keep Shenandoah alive.  Never been outside the country but would love to hear from all of you.

Thanks in advance! smile

1. de'Arab profile image55
      de'Arabposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am from the West Indies, you know in the Caribbean.  Not indigenous, Arab ancestry obviously( check the name),but I am a true Caribbean girl; " Ah luv up meh culture" . 
      A little island surrounded by water but only have visited a beach only about five times of my 20 yrs, sad isn't it?

2. M. Engebawy, PhD profile image61
      M. Engebawy, PhDposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am originally from Cairo, Egypt, who lived 4 years in Japan where I survived the 1995 Kobe earthquake. I moved to Rolla Missouri to study more about earthquakes! I now live in Overland Park, south of Kansas City, KS, where the seismic activity is low. Good for me!

2. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

I am inbetween Chicago, IL and Madison, WI smile Close to the farms, a shut down GMplant  and a single shift Chrysler plant...the heart of unemployed USA smile

1. wyanjen profile image71
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol
      Holly, you should come & visit me.
      They just shut down another plant last week along my commute.
      So, there is now an abandoned chemical plant AND an abandoned steel mill along my daily commute. I can't say the the electrical wholesaler left an abandoned warehouse, because they knocked it down. It is now a nice empty lot.
      Have I ever mentioned that I only drive 5 miles to get to work? lol

But I'll go ahead and say it again: I can't honestly figure out how, with all of the unemployment and the mass exodus, Detroit still has a traffic problem. Where the hell is everybody driving to? The buildings are empty but there are as many cars jamming up the streets as ever...

Well, I didn't realize how close we are! No wonder we get along so well smile

goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's truly hard on the blue collar worker when plants shut down.  Money don't grow on trees for most of us.  If it does for anyone out there let me know and I will plan on moving there.

We have a major tractor/trailer transmission producer here.  The new "green" emissions bill that past three years ago caused hundreds of layoffs and nearly deserted the area of workers.  Ouch!

I'm beyond being upset by it. I'm just hoping to survive for another 18 months or so, so I can get on to my next plan...
          I'm still working but my salary got cut pretty badly.
          There are now three people I know (used to know?) who have gone missing.
          One walked away from a foreclosure, and the other two just dropped off. I have no idea where any of them are... e-mail accounts closed, phone numbers not in service...
          Scott? Chris? Carol? if you guys are reading this, call me OK? lol

2. h.a.borcich profile image61
        h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL Jen smile I'll come visit, then we ditch the snow for someplace warmer! I didn't think we were that far apart smile

I pictured you in New England. who knows why. It is very possible you already told me, and I forgot... but Great Lakes people stick in my mind, so who really knows. tongue

We actually don't have any snow this year. I was bitching all through November in preparation for the fact that we can't afford snowplows. It must have been a reverse jinx wink We've only had a couple storms that melted fast. So far.
          It really stinks when you still have to go to work, even though there is nobody in a truck to plow out the blizzard.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

California-- in a rural area between LA and San Francisco

4. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

I'm always up front and honest about who I am, including using my own picture for my avatar. I live in Orlando, Florida about 5 miles from the airport. smile

5. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

Oregon transplant from Alaska here.

6. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I'm in Anaheim, Cali 10 minutes from Disneyland...for now. Moving to Oceanside, more south, hopefully soon smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As I have probably told you before, I used to live there (Anaheim) for about 30 years.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why did ya move? we could have been neighbors dammit! lol

Kids moved out-- we sold the house and built another one in the mountains where we already had property, and had money left over. Nice here.

1. profile image0

aaaaa that or you heard I was coming and ran HAHA just kidding. sounds nice to live in the mountains. minus the snow, rock slides, flooding, fires... hehe

2. goldenpath profile image67

Say "Hi" to Goofey for me.  I miss the old cartoons.

1. profile image0

Sure thing Golden...first things first I gotta find the guy. I looked for him last time I went...NOTHING. Goofey likes to hide sad lol

Years ago, I once dated a guy who was the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland.

1. profile image0

Sweeet! that's totally cool. So did he get you on for free? tell ya any secrets? take you behind the scenes?

No, no -- too many hands. (Just kidding.)
              One of my sons, when he was in college, worked part time as a portrait artist in New Orleans street-- we got free tickets a lot.

1. profile image0

heheh too many hands.
                That is so cool that your son worked there too. i tried working there, signing out a resume for Entertainment they rejected me. Hello Preschool Teacher good with kids duh! lol

7. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

My Accent Gives Me Away.......... I'm From 'Clean/Green' New Zealand smile

1. profile image0
      rocknrodeogirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful Bend, Oregon!! smile

Please don't tell me that's you!    Just kidding. smile

8. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I'm north Goldentoad and northwest of H.A.  smile

9. Akhomesteader profile image73
    Akhomesteaderposted 14 years ago

A remote homestead 65 air miles west of Anchorage.

10. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://www.shrani.si/f/2l/kk/4vd7EvNc/crazypeople2.jpg

South-Central Asia.  Sorry I can't be more specific, damned PETA bastards are always hassleing me mad

See guys!  Now that's a man with productive extra curricular activities.  I bow to your greatness.  Teach me grasshopper...

11. Rochelle Frank profile image90

Sinus flossing, Ron?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, just trying to decongest.  Those animal rights wackos say it's cruel to snot up a snake mad

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Wow! Quickest avatar morph I've ever seen!

1. profile image0

You saw that too? One minute black and white the next a colored one. it was cool! lol

I've had the other one for 2 years-- I may go back.
          Katheryn Hepburn said she loved photos because no matter when they were taken, she was always younger in them.

1. profile image0

NOOOO Rochelle stay with this one...I like this one ...I can see your smile in this one smile

12. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

aaa poor snake! I feel bad for the little guy. Mean human! lol

13. Rochelle Frank profile image90

Snake snorting can be addictive. Don't try this with a rattler.

Or a python!

2. wyanjen profile image71

smile
      new pic!
      I like it smile

14. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I was born in South Georgia, and I'm still here!

15. Rochelle Frank profile image90

Yes, with apologies to goldenpath--- where do the rest of y'all live?

No apologies necessary.  Communication is good.  This is a lighthearted yet curious thread.  It's amazing how technology has connected the world in such a marvelous way.  Even to the outbacks of Iowa!   smile

16. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

tampa bay, about 8 miles from the most gorgeous sunsets on the gulf of mexico. I love it here. smile

1. Bill Manning profile image68
      Bill Manningposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ahhh, not far from Orlando where I am. HI!!!! smile

17. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

I'm from Sheridan, Wyoming. Why am I not surprised to see no other Wyomingites here? Oh well...I do see an Alaskan...I've never even been to Alaska, but I imported my husband from Wasilla wink

I think there's one from Montana-- isn't that close?

1. wychic profile image84
        wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Depends on where in Montana, but yeah, I'm about 20 minutes from the Montana border big_smile

1. profile image0
          Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're maybe in Sheridan?  I worked in Gillette one year, hung out at the night rodeo in Cody one other....

FROM Montana--born in Florida but left at 6 months of age.  Have lived in 8 of the 11 western states, all but NM, UT, ID.  Currently planted rather firmly in Arizona, about a mile from the Mexican border. big_smile

Close enough for me! I grew up in Powell and used to go to the Cody rodeo pretty much every week, then spent high school following my stepbrothers to every rodeo in the state I could make it to (hurt my knee bad, it kept me from competing myself sad). Now I just have to content myself with spending the week at the fairgrounds for the Wyo Rodeo once a year and call it good...darn life getting in the way and all that wink.

18. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Well now, I'm 25 miles south of Texarkana, AR/TX in extreme SW Arkansas.  Texarkana is located on both sides of the state line. I grew up on the Texas side so consider myself a real Texan. Yall might remember the Tony Alamo drama this past year. Well, his compound is only a few miles from my house. this is actually the Sulphur River Bottoms. Nobody wants to mess with this area. Plus, I live 1 mile from Boggy Creek, home of Big Foot!

19. Big Guy profile image59
    Big Guyposted 14 years ago

Suburb of Minneapolis.  Out in the sticks actually with a dirt road!

Reminds me of home lol

Welcome to HubPages

20. profile image0
    Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years ago

Dallas Texas

21. nikipa profile image62
    nikipaposted 14 years ago

I am from Moldova, a former Soviet Union country (Eastern Europe). It's situated between Romania and Ukraine.
    We gained our independence in 1991, so now are building a market economy here. There are a lot of economical, political and social problems here. The last 8years we were ruled by the communist party... Here is a lot to say but it's already another topic. smile

As I mentioned in one of my comments here, the culture difference is obvious and I am doing my very best to be a part of the family.

1. nikipa profile image62
      nikipaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mean Hubpages family smile

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
        LeslieAdrienneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Be yourself and you will fit in just fine smile

1. nikipa profile image62
          nikipaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Leslie! It's just what I am doing smile

Sincere greetings!
      That is fascinating.  You have a wonderful country with wonderful people in it.  All my hopes that your new economy takes off and will prove a benefit to all it's citizens.

22. Aidan James profile image61
    Aidan Jamesposted 14 years ago

Sydney's Northern Beaches Here smile

23. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

I am in myownworld smile

1. caravalhophoto profile image60
      caravalhophotoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you are just bad lol

24. Carmen Borthwick profile image60
    Carmen Borthwickposted 14 years ago

My avatar is actually me in all my silver tress glory! I live in Maple Ridge, BC which is about an hours drive [on a good day] from Vancouver and two or three hours away from Whistler. Both are bustling with excitement for the upcoming 2010 Olympics. Maple Ridge is surrounded by mountains, lakes and the mighty Fraser River. Golden Ears provincial park is a mere 20 minutes from my front door and I have a fabulous view of the peaks from my back deck and the rest of the range from my living room window. I'm proud to be Canadian and to live in beautiful British Columbia!

25. jellydonut25 profile image60
    jellydonut25posted 14 years ago

Buffalo, NY. Think of it like a Canadian city that happens to be in the United States. We're so borderline Canadian that Labbatt's is actually headquartered here!!

26. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

PA, USA...yawn.

I drove out that way several years ago on I-80.  I remember at the time the relentless tolls I had to pay at.  You mention "yawn".  Now it can't be any worse than the outback wasteland of southwest Iowa.  We'll have to exchange photos sometime.  sad

27. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

a very cold and freezing area around Lake Erie, USA

I can't remember how far it is from there but I used to live in Traverse City, Michigan some thirty years ago.  I have never since seen snow as I've remembered it in Michigan.

28. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

South of France, slightly North of Juan Les Pins. Freak snow storm yesterday. That is the Med in the background. All gone now thank goodness. wink

http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/uploads/francesnow.JPG

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark, you have no neck.

That's God's punishment of atheists.  He removes necks or other body parts.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey! I have a neck. I just sensibly cover it up when it snows.

Bet the Texans never thought of that. lol

1. profile image0
            A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Never see snow so why cover my neck? Don't feel bad there are a lot of nonecks around.

LOL

Well - now you know. When it snows - cover your neck. Take it from me - this was a surprise. big_smile

I'll trade you snowfalls! big_smile

Although I sypathize with the snow situation it still looks like a pretty nice place to visit.  Forgive my ignorance but what is the "Med" you mentioned.  Talk about placing myself out there like a sore thumb.  sad  I take it you don't get that much snow there.

1. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mediterranean Sea.

Yup. Pretty bloody cold at the moment. And no - we do not get a lot of snow here.

When it snows I always say that the angels forgot to shower last night because their dandruff is flying all over.

Ah. OK - I put it down to high humidity and low temperatures. Notthat we have any climate changes going on or anything......

The angel thing sounds much more fun - 'cept for the dandruff. wink

29. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

(That's a cool pic above...) Myself...I'm from the big "H"....Houston, Texas.

OK, still far away from me but a WHOLE lot closer than England or France.  You know what?  I bet you are currently receiving the best weather out of any of us so far.  That's just wrong!  I say we should all pack up and have a barbeque at manlypoetryman's place! smile smile

30. Laura du Toit profile image75
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

All the way from sunny South Africa - the rainbow nation country smile

Spectacular!  Always been curious of that area.  Is the area pretty stable economically and socially?  Just curious.

31. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

Memphis, Tennessee
    Home of the Blues, porkchop sideburns and leisure suits, and some guy most people have never heard of who used to dabble in music from time to time.

Yeah, Captain Kangaroo!  Just kidding.  A little Monday humor never hurts.  Last time I was in Memphis was about twenty years ago on a bus.  I was on my way home from Desert Storm.  I wouldn't mind going down that way for a looksy and a gander around.

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
        Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Forgot about Captain Kangaroo. lol

Summer starts in two months, and the humidity really kicks in in about three, so hurry down. smile

Do you think I'll fit in down there?  It's been decades since I had porkchop sideburns!  smile

32. Arthur Fontes profile image73
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

I live in Fall River Massachusetts once the number one garment and textile manufacturing city in the world.

Now we are famous for Lizzie Borden and a Battleship that you can tour.

Picking my words carefully.  Is the current situation an improvement in your opinion or a major step backwards?  Opinions vary so I ask the question.  smile

1. Arthur Fontes profile image73
        Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It was a lot better here when we had jobs.  We have one of the largest %'s of unemployment in Massachusetts.

I would say that qualifies as a BITE!  It's very hard to keep spirits up when things are the way they are.

33. profile image0

Memphis..very cool...I will be traveling through there in another week or so..

I really want to see SUN RECORDING STUDIO'S  smile

Sun is really cool. Also go to the Peabody hotel to watch the Duck march.

Yeah, the Peabody ducks are a must see!

B.C., If you go to Graceland, take a body guard with you. The neighborhood around there is not what it used to be.  Sun Studios is great, in fact, Midtown is my favorite part of the city to hang out in. Lots of great bars and laid back people.

1. profile image0
          B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks to the both of you..I will be leaving Ohio on the 8th and traveling the coast, visiting my aunt in N.C. and I plan on detouring to see SUN..and since you have mentioned other places you have me very interested in..I may just stay an extra day in Memphis to see all it has to offer smile
          TYVM

B.C., one other cool thing I thought of not far from Sun is the Gibson Guitar Factory. They have a cool tour.
            Enjoy your visit. smile

34. profile image0

Wow..I had that in mind, and somehow forgot about it..I myself play a Dean and also have a fender..I will definitly see if I can get a factory tour..if you have any info on getting a tour, please, by all means e-mail me..I may even stay 3 days in Memphis..it sounds like it just might be one of my best stops! smile

I'm interested to.  However, since I cannot come with you can you please create a hub of your visit - with lots of pictures?  smile

35. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

In a bunker near Tungus-Khaya 550 feet under the surface. I'll go up when the nuclear winter have ended.

OK, now you've lost me.  I admit.  I've seen the movie "Core" which takes place mostly underground but I haven't the foggiest where you are.  I guess I'll have to grab a tree branch, close my eyes and see where it points me.  smile

36. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

originally: East Riding of Yorkshire
    presently:

40° 45' 21" north latitude
    73° 59' 11" west longitude

I know that. Pretentiousville, Arizona.

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hardy, har har.
        smile

Now I'm curious.  For someone who has never been in your neck of the woods it is interesting to envision your area.

1. profile image0

Manhattan, GP.

Coooolness!  It seems we are getting several from that neck of the woods.  Are you close to any interesting sites?

1. profile image0

Tons of them:

Times Square, Empire State Building, G-Zero, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, SO-HO, oh and Jersey across the Hudson river....

Yeah, I guess that was a stupid question of mine....

We've got a wonderful site here as well.  I can show you a perfect place where people go cow tipping..  smile

37. DeeBee3 profile image61
    DeeBee3posted 14 years ago

Born in London U.K, lived all over the med for over twenty years, now back in Blighty, in the northwest, on the right side of the River mersey, work that one out.

Dude!  Now you've got me dizzy...  I hope it was a blissful twenty years for you.

38. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 14 years ago

Margate.  Decaying seaside town in South East England.

Its best-kept secret is the lovely temperate climate - when everywhere else in Britain was shivering recently at -5 deg. C or lower and had a foot of snow, we just had a light dusting of the stuff.

Truly blessed - or decaying.....  I'd still like to see it sometime.

39. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Oh and my contribution to this thread is yes I also live near the Med, in sunny Spain (SE), but I'm originally from Scotland.
    I was WARM in Scotland, houses were insulated against the cold. I've never been so bloody cold in my life as what I am here in 'sunny' Spain.
    Roll on Spring!

Interesting, I've always envisioned Spain as rather average temperature and comfortable.  I'm learning lots on this thread.

40. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Originally from Lancashire, England, but now I live near Sparta in Greece.

We have had torrential rain for the last two weeks and have to issue the cats with lifejackets before they go out.

Izzy - The Greeks don't do insulation, either sad

1. IzzyM profile image88

Nor probably do the Portugese, Italians or any of the other countries bordering the Med.
      To Goldenpath, we are pretty near the equator here. We get long hours of sunshine, warm sunshine, all year round, but night-time in winter especially is cold - not as cold as other places - but cold nonetheless.
      I read somewhere a comfortable house sits around 18-20 degreesC. My house sits around 5C in winter and 35C in summer. Too cold and too hot. sad

*A FORMAL INVITATION*
        When it gets too hot for you on those sundry days you are most welcome to fly over here to sunny Iowa to enjoy the "fun filled" snow and joyous crisp air.  I tell you what.  I will even through in a complementary spot of ground for you to make a snow angel. 

Then again how 'bout we just exchange depressing post cards.

2. wychic profile image84

I don't care who or where you are...cold is COLD without insulation! Here, we don't even build storage sheds without adequate insulation.

It is utter stupidity on my part but for me I don't thaw till spring and yet I continue to live in this climate.  How's that for being born under a bad sign - or at least under the back end of a mule.

3. Sufidreamer profile image78
        Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Much the same here - we live up in the mountains, so the winter nights are very cold and very, very wet.

Unlike the UK, once winter is over, that is it - eight or nine months of lovely summer and warm evenings drinking Ouzo, as the sun sets over the mountains big_smile

1. myownworld profile image73
          myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

heaven.....! why can't some of it rub on london????

Dude, this is just wrong!  Now I am salivating.  I think myownworld and I should get a couple tickets and visit your place for an eight month barbeque.

1. myownworld profile image73

he's ignored us....!! roll ok. we get our own place sufi....!

YOU GO GIRL!  It's a plan!  We could save on airfare by stuffing me into your suitcase.  I might feel old but I can sure penny pinch with the best of them.  smile

3. IzzyM profile image88

I'm 400 metres high in the mountains here. We got lying snow this year for the first time since I moved here. Not the first time ever - I'm told it's rare but it happens! Lost all my papayas sad
          We never get much rain unless there is a 'gota fria' where it rains extremely heavily for days causing all sorts of flood damage.
          I love spring and autumn. Hate summer, hate winter.
          Six months out of 12 of perfect weather can't be bad, eh? Ouzo! Yuk!
          Vodka goes down OK though, and loads of cheap red Spanish wine!

Well, sis.  All I get here is hot and humid summers.  Tornadoes in spring.  Fall is pretty dead but yet dead pretty trees.  The only "mountains" anywhere near here are the Loess Hills created by ancient glaciers.  We also get a massive flood every twenty one years or so.  I remember the Great Flood of 1993.  It was devastating.  Not looking forward to that again.

2. Sufidreamer profile image78

We are over 800 metres, so we get snow every year. Mind you, last year was the wettest on record - a poor year for olives and grapes.

I like the summer - I sleep during the day and work at night.

Goldenpath and MOW - You are welcome anytime for a barbecue big_smile

My friend just gave me a few bottles of Raki. Happy Days smile

I am all for the barbeque.  However, at the risk of sounding like a party pooper I must pass on the alcohol.  I don't even drink high caffeinated products.  Tell you what.  I'll bring the lovely hot chocolate and we'll all have a great time chewing the fat over global issues.  smile

1. IzzyM profile image88

It's a bit strange what's happened to me recently, and you saying you don't drink alcohol reminded me.
                I've been writing a lot of amazon hubs about gardening, they're my niche, so to speak.
                Anyway, on browsing their site, I realised they sell a lot of certain flower varieties, so instead of writing about annual or perennial flowers, I chose to write about the ones they sell most of.
                The first I chose were poppies, and the first thing I did was look up poppies on google for interesting things to say about them, only to discover that roughly half of all poppies are opium poppies! I thought they were some rare and foreign variety.
                So now I'm advocating drugs whether I wanted to or not.
                Today I thought, I'll write about Morning Glory  flowers (there was a lot of them) and would you believe they also have a drug connotation! Jeez! That's probably why they sell so many!

That's cute.  Over here we have Veterans Day.  Every year we have ladies from Veteran clubs and organizations giving away poppy flowers to people to show support for Vets.  Now I see their enthusiasm.  Boy, when I was in the war I never had any poppy... 

Nice little niche you got there.  Watch out, though.  You might get some wonderful hardcore fans from the black market.  smile

1. IzzyM profile image88

I already got them from my marijuana hub big_smile

2. myownworld profile image73

finally an invite!! And that too after golden was willing to squeeze into a bag! ok...see you then some warm sunny afternoon....! wink

My eyes are willowing up with tears.  My nasals are draining.  My knees are knocking.  Oh the thought of this vacation sounds swell!  Now I can type just fine but I don't yet know how to make all the cute little faces I am seeing.  I can do smile and frown.

Well, we all have our priorities.  Drown the people but we MUST save the cats....  smile

41. lorlie6 profile image71
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

I live in a small town of 4,000 just south of Mammoth Lakes, California called Bishop.  Absolutely breathtaking place to live.

You know.  I'm not the tallest person in the world.  Perhaps I could stuff myself in a large box and mail myself to your location.  I could use a break from the snow.  smile

42. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

I am located in my house, I think!

Dude!  NO WAY!  smile

1. waynet profile image69
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes way....it's a house!!!!!!

With a door?  NO.......

1. waynet profile image69
            waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And....windows!!!!!!!

Now come on son.  Don't tell me....... a toilet toooooo?  If so, is it a fancy one that squirts up at you.  I never could understand those things or how anyone could use them.

Can anyone out there explain to me the purpose of these interesting squirt guns?

43. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Used to have a friend lived in Atlantis, Georgia. He was on his third house as an adult. Tornadoes destroyed his first two.

Forget about me.  I think he was born under a bad sign - or at least under the back end of a mule...

Wow!  Talk about CRAP!  Now I don't feel so bad.

44. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

A location I cannot divulge for security purposes ! big_smile

It's OK.  I am often self conscious when I am on the porcelain throne as well.  It's nothing to be ashamed of.  Just sit back and watch life pass through you.....   Just kidding and a tasteless joke!

45. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

lol lol

46. tipperary profile image60
    tipperaryposted 14 years ago

Ireland!!!
    Anyone else from my country?

Greetings, Ireland!  Never been there but my wife's side is heavily from Ireland.  Family name Hughes and McCardle.

2. Sufidreamer profile image78

Nope, but I lived in County Cork for a couple of years. big_smile

Happy Days. smile

47. asanders3 profile image55
    asanders3posted 14 years ago

Fairly new to actually doing anything on the hub. Saw this thread and thought I would say Hi. I'm from Arkansas a little south of Little Rock.

Greetings asanders3 from a little south of Little Rock, Arkansas.  Your presence on this thread has added immensely to it's greatness.  We are anxiously having a battle of global proportions as a few of us are salivating like wild dogs over the climate that others on this thread are having.  Now, I'm a highly religious man but boy, I feel dumped on after hearing the heavenly weather in other parts of the world. 

So far we are planning a barbeque where it's beautiful without rain eight months out of the year.  Are you in?

1. asanders3 profile image55
        asanders3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Love BBQ. We grill all the time in the summer no use heating up the house when the grill cooks as good smile

Preaching to the choir sister! smile

48. easybusinesslinks profile image60
    easybusinesslinksposted 14 years ago

In my living room!

Guess what.  If that's your picture you are now in mine.  That's talent.  Greetings and welcome.

49. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

....where the stars at night....are big and bright.....

*monkey clap, monkey clap, monkey clap, monkey clap, monkey clap*

deeeeeeep in the heaaaaart of Texas.

Howdy Y'all

My hair is standing tall, my toes a tickling and the lint in my belly button shouts for joy.  Your poem gives the eyes a water.

Greetings dear Texas!

50. caravalhophoto profile image60
    caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

In my Studio...that faces beautiful Mt.Diablo...south east of San Francisco...Northern California

Home of the Governator...Arnold Schwazenegger...(much better Actor and that is saying a lot)

My son and I were just the other day contemplating if he will go back to acting after his term.  What are your thoughts?

Well, he's got to do something right? 
        He really doesn't have the skills to be in politics and that is his own admission.  I think he came into this with a plan, but didn't realize that as "the people" was much different as to what he could do in office...his heart was in the right place, he even worked the 1st year with no pay...California is just in a bad place at the moment.. google,yahoo, cisco systems, Intel...I mean the list goes on..you would think we would be in a better place since technology is here...but because of the money..prices go up with it..the majority of residents of this State can't keep up...so the little people kind of get pushed back...our kids, our elderly...I'm sure it is like that everywhere...(it is always worse were you are) but at least we have Arnold to keep our schools closed and homeless...well homeless, we feel better when an actor keeps us in our place

It's too bad.  I don't live there but to me it seems that the powerhouse that California is with all it's industry and resources it could easily lead the nation in progress given the right leadership.  I may be way off on this but it's just an outsiders view of that great state.

And as an outsider you are absolutely correct...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)