jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

If a human was raised with animals....

1. marinealways24 profile image60
    marinealways24posted 7 years ago

If a human was raised with animals their entire life, would the human act like a human or an animal?

1. profile image0
      L. Andrew Marrposted 7 years ago in reply to this

An animal.
      There's that story of the two twins who founded Rome. They were raised by wolves and treated eachother like wolves.

What about vivisection? What about an animal raised by humans?

I have a friend who raised a puppy from the second it was born and it knew how to go to a human toilet - personally I think that's fairly impressive...

marinealways24posted 7 years ago in reply to this

You have great points. How about this question. Who could learn more from the other, the animal from the human or the human from the animal?

Also, who could learn more from themselves, the human from the human or the animal from the animal?

2. de'Arab profile image61
      de'Arabposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Humans are born as with the blue print to be highly social beings. This factor is enables our survival. Early childhood experiences is essential in the development of the individual for later life roles.If a human is brought up by animals then they would conform to the social structures and behaviors of the animal in order to survive.

3. classicalgeek profile image89
      classicalgeekposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I suggest you read the fairly extensive literature on "feral children." It's really quite fascinating.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image88
    Mikel G Robertsposted 7 years ago

Like an animal to a point, then the higher reasoning would lead the human to act like a human (curiosity...etc)

Is reasoning something taught or something learned? What would stop a human raised in the wild to have reasoning rather than acting on impulses and instinct to survive?

3. Mikel G Roberts profile image88
    Mikel G Robertsposted 7 years ago

The human, because of the higher intelligence... (intelligence= ability to learn)

What would be learned out in the wild with no human interaction but how to survive?

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image88
        Mikel G Robertsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

animal interaction, and survival. (Interactions with nature)

4. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Well I'm sure this has been answered before and you have probably seen it on TV? hmm

But there has been.... Romulus, Rhemus and Jody Foster!  All were raised by animals lol

lol The movie doesn't answer all of the questions I asked.

5. aware profile image70
    awareposted 7 years ago

the human raised by another mammal would be more human than  a human raised by a human

6. EFPotter profile image60
    EFPotterposted 7 years ago

There have been documented cases of this, actually. I suggest looking them up, it's some interesting stuff.

There are stages of human development that are critical for certain functions. Speech, for example. There was a girl that was locked in a room for the first, oh, seven years of her life, not taught anything, barely taken care of. By that point her brain had developed past its prime language period. There are still scientists at a university trying to teach her to use speech.

I would suspect something similar with a child raised among animals--able to make animal sounds, and react with animal reactions, but greatly handicapped in human development.

7. Shahid Bukhari profile image59
    Shahid Bukhariposted 7 years ago

The Human will not grow a tail

working