jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (21 posts)

What did you love about school?

1. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

Elementary, Middle, High, Primary, Secondary... What did you love about school?

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Oh, Cole, I don't remember in details. People mostly I think, my parents were wise enough to put me into the best school around smile

1. Colebabie profile image60
      Colebabieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You don't remember anything? Friends, recess, books, landmarks on campus, teachers, classes, events, field trips...

1. Misha profile image74
        Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Cole, it was like 35 years ago...

There were friends, there were good and bad teachers, and many other things. But I don't remember what exactly I loved or hated about all that, Alzheimer's probably wink

3. Ohma profile image74
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

For me there were a few teachers that really made an impact.

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Like Ohma there were some teachers who really impacted my life.

One in particular was mentioned in one of my hubs. Mr. McHeffy HS teacher who was in charge of a great class called Writing Seminar. LOVED that class!

5. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Graduation. smile big_smile lol lol

6. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

In elementary school I spent most of my time looking out the window or in the nurses office.  Only thing I loved about HS were my friends and climbing out the window and walking across the roof lol

7. Colebabie profile image60

I love the books that we read. I remember most of them. smile Number the Stars, Mr. Popper's Penguins, Bunnicula, The Giver, To Kill a Mockingbird, Of Mice and Men, The Catcher in the Rye, The Crucible, The Great Gatsby, Island of the Blue Dolphins, The Cay, Maniac McGee, And then there were none, Freak the MIghty, Call of the Wild, Tangerine, Romeo & Juliet, The Count of Monte Cristo

Oh goodness, there are sooo many more.

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You read Freak the Mighty? I LOVED that book..and I saw the movie as well. such a great movie too. Have you seen it?

and loved To Kill A Mockingbird, Romeo and Juliet, The Cruicible, islands of the blue dolphin, and Of Mice and Men smile

2. k@ri profile image80
      k@riposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ohhh, the books!  Did you have the Book Club?  I loved the Book Club...getting the order form, picking the books out, waiting for them to come...and then reading!  reading!   reading!  (Does that make me a geek? LOL)

8. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

in elementary school, i loved the art and music classes. i remember my music teacher, she was really knowledgable and taught us a lot about music and dance and even introduced us to things like zithers and stuff.

9. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

Elementary-recess
    Jr. High-friends
    High School-sports and the parking lot
    College-Wrasel'in(I was broke and she was willing!)

10. Colebabie profile image60

Class pets were cool. We went from hamsters in kindergarten to a pygmy possum in middle school.

11. hubby7 profile image70
    hubby7posted 7 years ago

I don't think that I liked very much about elementary school except lunch, recess, and being dismissed. High School was a different story. I loved English and, most importantly, being in the high school band. I still have a soft spot in my heart for my high school band.

12. seanorjohn profile image81
    seanorjohnposted 7 years ago

Leaving.

13. goldenpath profile image75
    goldenpathposted 7 years ago

Unfortuneately, none of it.  I wouldn't repeat those treacherous years if you gave me a deluxe mug of hot chocolate.  I would "almost" rather relive Desert Storm.

14. seanorjohn profile image81
    seanorjohnposted 7 years ago

Holidays.

15. aefrancisco profile image68
    aefranciscoposted 7 years ago

break time - play time smile

art class I love most smile

1. seanorjohn profile image81
      seanorjohnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Woodwork. Only ten pupils could really join the class. The rest of us were told to go to the woods and look for wood. What fun we had.

1. k@ri profile image80
        k@riposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I took woodworking also.  I had almost forgotten how much I loved that class.  I made a bowl on the lathe...very fun!  big_smile

working