International Baccalaureate

1. gnrao profile image60
    gnraoposted 6 years ago

International Baccalaureate.H.Q. Geneva. I think

What's your experience with this education system and how does it solve the problems of the students and parents and also the teachers.

Are the teachers specially trained under this organisation?
    Your valuable comments and opinions will be of great help to all  in any part of the world.

I for one ,I want the future generation to be benefitting from the present well-wishers of them.

Have a nice day all of you.

2. nadp profile image81
    nadpposted 6 years ago

I teach at a high school in South Florida that has a very large IB program.
    Actually, I think the headquarters are in Wales.

I'm not sure what you mean by "solve the problems...."  I can say that it is a very rigorous program that requires a lot of work on the part of the students (and the teachers).  But the payoff is that the students are more than ready for college - often finding college easier than their high school program was.  Also, their knowledge is very well-rounded and I would dare to say that they would be considered part of the intellectually elite in terms of their ability to communicate on a wide variety of subjects.  The program exposes them to the best of each discipline that they study and I believe that it sparks a desire to be a lifelong learner.

Teachers are specially trained.  I don't think that there are any formal requirements as far as this goes, but they certainly need to be familiar with the curriculum and policies of the IB courses that they teach.  Workshops are offered all around the world for teachers who are new to the program.  I also think that the IB program is endorsed by the IB Organization on;y if the school and teachers meet their approval.