jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)

"Origin of Species"

1. Beelzedad profile image61
    Beelzedadposted 7 years ago

Hi folks!

Below is linked one of many sources for an online version of "The Origin of Species" Darwin's Theory of Evolution - it's not a riveting read but is great for reference and understanding.

To put it in a nutshell, evolution requires two things, and two things only:

1. The generation of diversity.
    2. Natural selection - culling of the "less fit".

Process number (1) is essentially a random process, entirely in accordance with the laws of thermodynamics and statistical mechanics. Process number (2), which involves the disproportionate death (or failure to reproduce) of the less fit, could perhaps be regarded as a "running down" process, if you want to look at it that way. But processes (1) and (2) together produce all the forms of life we see on Earth.

Cheers!!  smile

http://www.literature.org/authors/darwi … f-species/

2. Beelzedad profile image61
    Beelzedadposted 7 years ago
  3. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

LOL

Good luck. smile I already tried:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/7572

I have 600 or so comments attacking me on the hub I wrote about why there is no evolution vs creation debate

And I was lol "Challenged" lol to a debate because I kept "evading" the questions. You know - why I denied dinosaurs existed on the Ark....... sort of Kwestions. The result is here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/30050

Kinda floored me with the "bath ring" and the "dinosaurs in China" arguments. lol

4. Rod Marsden profile image79
    Rod Marsdenposted 7 years ago

Let the new monkey trial begin...(Just joking).

5. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

Adapt ?

6. marinealways24 profile image61
    marinealways24posted 7 years ago

Simplified without posting links and giving book references, in your own words, explain why evolution has "no" design.

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Just can't be bothered to do any work huh?  You sure you are not religious? wink

LOLOLOLOL

Too funny marine.

1. marinealways24 profile image61
        marinealways24posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Why is this so hard to simplify something? Are you getting mad because the question gives the religious ammo? Should I not ask a question just because you relate it to religion? Part of work is asking questions.

No - I am not getting mad. I am laughing at you being so lazy you cannot be bothered to do any research and keep asking the same kwestion over and over and over. lol

It is funny because it exactly what the religionists do when they cannot understand the answers they get.

You sure you are not religious?

Lazy? I just started reading my evolution book today to have you know. I keep asking the question because I haven't gotten any logical answers, only answers with links, book references, or telling me to research and stop being lazy. big_smile

I understand the answers I am getting, they are lazy. It is much easier than to give someone references than to answer a question having to think. Are you sure you aren't religious?

You have gotten logical answers - but you did not understand them. This is why you have bought a book is it not? Still - why not don't bother reading the book and ask the Kwestion again instead of reading the book huh?  That ain't lazy. wink

Is it a good book?

The answers I saw was that it's not design because it's not predictable. Is this correct?

If I find this answer in the book when I am done reading it, I will admit it was my mistake for not reading before asking over and over. It is pretty good so far.

Let us see what kwestions arise after the book. big_smile Which one did you buy again? I think it was one I have not read if I remember correctly.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? … s=reviews#

Answer the question. big_smile
                    If something is unpredictable, does that mean it's not a design?

working