jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

have you ever been told

1. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

have you ever been told that you can't take a college course because you have no credit card? i was trying to enroll in on-line courses. even though i don't have to pay my way, thanks to programs like financial aid, i was told that without a credit or debit card i cannot finish my application or begin my course.
    <snipped hub promotion>

2. Ohma profile image83
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Never had that particular issue but it seems to me that they are using the credit card to verify your ID a lot of free sites are doing that.

3. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

I haven't had that problem either.  Is it a reputable college?  I am leery of anything online unless I knew of the company beforehand.

4. dyonder profile image79
    dyonderposted 6 years ago

if it's reputable, you can get a pay as you go card (should only be $10 above and beyond what goes in it). Never had a credit card here; I've seen 2 many family members hang themselves with a piece of plastic

5. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

it's ashford university in iowa.
    most of my family has gotten in very bad debt in the past using credit cards or banks. i prefer to avoid that so i have no intention of getting a credit card to earn my education. especially when no money is required from me. i have an appointment tomorrow with a community organization. hopefully they will help me in my venture to obtain my degree.

6. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

wow are you serious? that is just dumb! I hope you get it all figured out Lecie!