jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

PTSD

1. DustinsMom profile image59
    DustinsMomposted 7 years ago

I want to thank each of you for your support. It means more than you know. I have been advised thes should have been posted as a hub, which I have now corrected and a hub has been posted.

1. Faybe Bay profile image83
      Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes we have had others come into the forums with this disease. I think it may very well be a disease that is often called by other names and therefore the treatment is incorrect.

You should write a hub about it, if you can. It would be a good place to start, then maybe a blog too.

DustinsMomposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. I am trying to figure out how to get this deleted to complete my hub.

I sent you e-mail. but you get the hub copied first so you don't lose your work.

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

omgsh

my heart goes out to you.

sad

yes, this is very real and should be treated with the same gravity as physical illnesses and disorders. welcome to HubPages. i hope you find some small measure of comfort here through writing and educating others.

Thank you so much for reading. I am finding healing through writing and through others like you who respond and offer support. Much appreciated!

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i'm so glad.

there are a lot of very supportive people here and this is one of the best sites on the internet for writing. i'm with Faybe, writing a hub, if you are able to, would be an excellent thing.

((hugs))

3. profile image0
    Lecieposted 7 years ago

yes i have ptsd. i was held captive for 3 days when i was 7.
    ptsd is only the tipof the iceberg with such events. i also have social phobias, depression, anxiety, possible bi-polar, possible ocd. my lousy insurance would only cover a mental health clinic that couldn't keep their staff. so i was handed from one person to another and got worse instead of better so i stopped going.
    i'm currently working with an agent and editor to publish my first children's book. i think once something that great and spirit lifting happens i might get a little better with each book published. well her's to hoping anyway. smile

I am so sorry you are feeling this disorder as well. Insurance has no clue what's going on. Good luck on your book!

I have copied this over to a hub, newbie here, still learning. Thank you for your comments.

Nice you two found each other! There is nothing better than putting your heads together.

Dustinsmom I want you to buy a book. It is called "Embraced By the Light" Then I want you to read a book called "Necessary Losses" by Judith Viorst. In that order. Embraced by The Light first! Don't even buy the other one yet. You aren't ready for it.

working