jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

1. Hillwry'swhirl profile image61
    Hillwry'swhirlposted 6 years ago

I'm a law student preparing to join the Bench, and I'm still timid to begin practice for I cannot still manage the pressure to moot before the court, but I would love to be closer to some veterans around to help me with some tips on how to begin, only those who are willing are welcomed.

1. SettleEstateLI profile image60
      SettleEstateLIposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would get an internship with a reputable local law firm.  They will put you to work for free, but during that time you will learn the inner workings of law firms in your area.  You can discover what has worked for them and not worked for them in practice.  Wherever you start your law firm, however, I recommend you get a Website for your firm. People are chosing businesses to work with increasingly from the Internet, so make sure to start making a web presence as soon as you can!  Good luck!

2. Cyber Lawyer profile image62
    Cyber Lawyerposted 6 years ago

So go ahead, what would you like to know? I see you are from Kenya, each country has its own system and traditions, of course, but there may be some commonalities.

3. Lynda Gary profile image61
    Lynda Garyposted 6 years ago

Ask away, though we American attorney's are typically unfamiliar with the way things work in Kenya...

For example, I have no idea what this means: "I cannot still manage the pressure to moot before the court..."

4. Cyber Lawyer profile image62

I find it peculiar that the Original Poster (OP) has not bothered showing up here for the past two weeks. I have asked a public question about this kind of practice.

http://hubpages.com/question/46082/how- … um-threads

5. TheLawyerLink profile image59
    TheLawyerLinkposted 6 years ago

He may not know how to find his way back here.  I'm new, and it took me a bit to figure out how to find forums I posted in.

Also, based on the structure of his question / post, I find it hard to believe that he's anything other than pre-law.  Of course, I have NO idea how the educational system works in Kenya, or what is required to become a barrister, etc.

Looking at his hubs (first one, Karl Max! He means, Marx) ... The ENTIRE hub is one sentence.  It is without a doubt the longest sentence I've ever in my life seen. LOL  Actually, now that I've looked at two more hubs, it appears that this hubber does not have a period-key on his keyboard...

6. Cyber Lawyer profile image62

Because he did not come back after two weeks, I went ahead and asked him this rhetorical question. You may be right that he can't find his way back, or has forgotten all about it, certainly his response made me smile.

http://hubpages.com/question/46082/how- … um-threads

7. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

Oh god, another lawyer, pity. Politician in the making for sure.